Event Search Bar modification

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Search Bar modification

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ashleigh
    Participant

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an easy way to modify the Event Search Bar at the top so that it only includes the date and location search (and not the open search box)? I am worried that the open search box will be confusing for my audience since it only seems to search titles and frequently returns ‘no results found’.

Thanks!!

Ashleigh

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ashleigh,

I would love to help you with this.

That should totally be possible. We actually have a tutorial for modifying that bar: Understanding and customizing the Tribe Events Bar. And you’ll notice theres a section on removing filters from it, including example code on how to remove the search!

Does that all make sense? Did that code work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Ashleigh
    Participant

Thank you for your help. Looks like this will solve my problem … however, after reading the instructions, I am not clear on which file I am supposed to edit the code in. I looked around my file manager to see if I could find anything and came up empty…can you tell me where I should be working?

Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Ashleigh,

Typically modifications like this will go in your theme’s functions.php file, which will be located in your theme’s folder. It’s just an easy spot to put visual changes like this in.

Are you able to find that file in your theme folder?

Cheers!

– Brook

Ashleigh
    Participant

That did it! Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Excellent! You’re very welcome.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Search Bar modification’ is closed to new replies.