Event Scanning Walkthrough (Hardware, etc.)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Scanning Walkthrough (Hardware, etc.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Grayson
    Participant

Hello All!

I purchased the Event Tickets Plus plugin and was hoping for some guidance for event-day hardware, such as recommend scanning hardware/software, vendors to print hard tickets, etc. I’d like to be able to scan in real time and make sure that tickets aren’t being duplicated and/or counterfeited. I bought this to be able to scan for shows at the 5,000+ level so the duplication issue will be something I have to keep an eye on.

Thanks so much in advance!

Grayson
    Participant

To add to this, I’ve been looking through some of the other posts and am I understanding that this portion of the app has not been tested for use with an iPhone? For our larger events we’d probably be getting dedicated scanning hardware (probably a bluetooth scanner and an iPad, to be specific) but for smaller events we may just want to use phones and the iPhone holds, like, a 40% market share.

Frankly there are a lot of sketchy QR code scanners in the App Store so do you guys have any thoughts and/or recommendations?

EDIT: I finally found some instruction to log in to my WP solution from my QR Scanner’s browser so that helps. Recommendations on your favorite 3rd party solutions are still welcome!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Grayson.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

I personally use an App called Scan on my iPhone it works great for me as I can choose the browser it opens in.

I find though the reviews are not so good, but I have not had an issue.

Besides I do not have any recommendations, but can try to answer some more questions.

Thanks

Grayson
    Participant

Thanks, Brian. I’ll check that one out!

Another question: If I have a laptop/bluetooth scanner combination, where do I need my cursor to be focusing on when scanning tickets… My first guess would be the URL of the attendees list, but I don’t currently have the hardware to test.

Thanks a lot!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad that helps some.

Not sure what you mean by this:

If I have a laptop/bluetooth scanner combination, where do I need my cursor to be focusing on when scanning tickets

Can you clarify that and I will try to help out.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Scanning Walkthrough (Hardware, etc.)’ is closed to new replies.