event reporting form, after event is over

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events event reporting form, after event is over

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

After events have ended, I’d like to have the event organizers fill out a report form to provide feedback about their event.

I’ve got the form built in CF7 but I’d like to display a drop down menu (or autocomplete search) of events in the form, and store it with the form submission, so the user submitting the feedback form can attribute it to their event.

The report form doesn’t have to be in CF7, it can be anywhere. Any ideas on how best to do this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello, I can help you get going in the right direction.

Not sure how CF7 works, but you could run a loop to get all the past events and then display the titles in a select box as options.

$pasted_events = tribe_get_events( array(
    'eventDisplay'=>'past',
    'posts_per_page'=>-1
    ) );

That will get all the past events and then you could run a foreach loop to create your select box options.

Here is an article on queries that shows the foreach loop and a more complex query:

https://theeventscalendar.com/queries-and-pagination/

To make sure CF7 is the correct tool I would look for a way to use php to fill data into a field first.

Let me know if you get stuck on something or would like some more information.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘event reporting form, after event is over’ is closed to new replies.