Event registration

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event registration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Targeted Victory
    Participant

As noted by a few folks, the ability to include guests when purchasing tickets is ideal. However, since it is not presently available, we are going to have to require our users to fill out an event registration form. The only way I’ve seen so far to do this is to create the form in Gravity Forms and include it on the event page. The problem is linking that registration form to the attendees list on the back end. Any ideas on how to get this working?

Barry

So just to be clear, you already have a solution that lets customers provide a list of attendee names and you have tied them to a specific order, so all you need to do now is “inject” those names into the attendee list?

Targeted Victory
    Participant

Hi Barry, I have nothing at all in place yet to be honest. I’m still in the thinking things through phase. Since an order number isn’t available until the order is made (I think?), perhaps the place to add the registration form in would be on the checkout page. I’m now scouring over the WooCommerce tutorials to see how to achieve this and I think it’s possible using custom fields in the checkout.

Prior to purchasing the WooTickets addon for our client, I had never worked with WooCommerce before (and honestly not a lot with The Events Calendar itself!) so forgive all of my questions please 🙂

~Cristina

Barry

I’ve no doubt custom product/cart/checkout inputs are completely possible with WooCommerce, so you probably don’t even need Gravity Forms unless that’s simply a tool you like to work with – and you can probably add those fields prior to the final stage of checking out, which is where there might be overlap with WooTickets (this is really an informed guess on my part, not a definitive answer).

It could be worth making contact with Woo’s support team for that one though (treat it as something you want to apply to a generic product, the fact that it represents a ticket is really a side detail).

Targeted Victory
    Participant

Just a quick reply: we can definitely create custom fields with WooCommerce and they show up in the order details in the admin side. I have yet to finalize it, or tie it all together in a way that will make sense for the client (I’d like to see if I can add the guest information to the attendee list, and even to the tickets themselves via overriding the pdf functionality with a custom function, for example) but it’s slowly starting to come together. When I’m finished I can post up some notes on what I’ve done in case it helps someone else looking to do something similar.

Barry

That would be great Cristina – it would definitely be useful for others here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event registration’ is closed to new replies.