Event Registration

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Registration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charles
    Participant

I’ve seen a couple of posts on this already with no real answer yet the discussions were closes as if they were answered.
    So far I like alot of things about the ease of use for the end user with wootickets but it’s doing a couple of weird things, like adding a category to my shop page that has no products and the ability to buy more than 1 ticket while not connecting those additional tickets to anyone but the 1 users that bought them.
    So before I go ripping this all back out, I’d like to know if anyone has been able to implement an event registration successfully using ECP and WooTickets. I know I can add fields using hooks and filters into the checkout for WC but that puts those fields on all checkouts rather than just for when people are buying event tickets.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Barry

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the feedback – we’ll definitely take that on board and try to improve in the next release.

So before I go ripping this all back out, Iā€™d like to know if anyone has been able to implement an event registration successfully using ECP and WooTickets.

I just want to be clear – are you experiencing a technical problem here, or is the stumbling block the inability to add individual attendee names to each purchase?

Charles
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Technical issue – actually no. It all works as expected. It just fell short of my needs at this time. It actually did do what it was supposed to perfectly. It’s just there is no way to add the attendee registration step in there without a ton of extra work. and then from what I understand from looking around, I’d be looking at modifying the product side of the fence to collect more data rather than on the event side.
    The only technical issue I was having was the addition of the new category in WooCommerce, it shows on my shop page but doesn’t have any products within the category once you go view it. But over all, it’s a great simple plugin that allows the sales of 1 or multiple tickets to an event with the assumption those that have a ticket get in. I think it would work great in many areas, just not for this one. In fact, I’m not sure I would bulk up this plugin or fork off another one. This one is simple to use and for non-technical people it would be a breeze to add ticket sales to an event. I’d almost go for a WooTickets ‘simple’ and a WooTickets ‘advanced’ when the day comes to add these extra features in there (which sounds like they will be at some time).

Barry

Good stuff, thanks for the feedback.

I’m going to log an issue relating to the unnecessary product category – I feel we should either make that optional (since, by default, product visibility is turned off) or else have an FAQ to help people dispense with it.

In any case, glad you’re finding it does what it says on the tin šŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Registration’ is closed to new replies.