Event Redirects to Venue

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Redirects to Venue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Curtis
    Participant

Clicking on an event (or even pasting the URL) forwards automatically to the Venue (and it displays a message in the venue that the event has passed — an it shows an event time that is the current GMT time I believe). On the event LIST all of the dates and times are correctly displayed.

Rob

Hey Curtis. Thanks for reaching out. This is an interesting issue – if you updated to Events Calendar PRO 2.0.5 before Tuesday morning, you’ll need to re-download the free version to resolve the “Event Has Passed” issue. More on that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/hotfix-for-events-calendar-2-0-5-event-has-passed-bug/.

Any chance this fixes that issue? On the forwarding to the venue – try resaving your sites permalinks, first and foremost. When I’ve experienced the issue you’re noting here a permalink save did the trick. Also make sure you’re running 2.0.5 for both free & PRO.

Let us know what that yields and we’ll do what we can to assist from there.

Curtis
    Participant

Thanks, Rob. Yeah, the re-saving the permalinks was the first (and second) thing I tried. That didn’t do it. Giving the event a new URL seemed to work temporarily — but then the problem reoccurs. I did see your other forum posts on the event has passed – and I updated the hotfix – but no luck.

Rob

Hey Curtis. That’s odd; thanks for confirming. Can you try deactivating other plugins, to see if a conflict lies with one of them? If not that, reverting to the default 2011 theme with all plugins deactivated?

On the time issue front: if the above doesn’t resolve that, feel free to post a link to the site (along with your time zone settings) and I’ll take a look. You’re the first person who hasn’t had it fix their issue so I’m wondering if something else is at play here.

Let me me know how that pans out and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

MItch

I am having the exact same issue as Curtis. Changing the slug will work temporarily and then eventually it will either redirect to the homepage or to the venue page. My timezone is UTC-4. Here is the calendar http://rodman.clients.firemancreative.com/events/upcoming/, the June 1st event is the one not working correctly.

Rob

Hey Mitch. Thanks for the heads up; I am seeing a similar issue on your site, where it redirects to the homepage. Does resaving your permalinks (first without changing anything, then changing to a “pretty” structure if you don’t have one in place) have any bearing here? Have you been able to test whether this is a conflict with your theme or another plugin?

Ben

Did this get resolved? I’m having the same problem with my WP Touch mobile theme. I have a button image that I want to point to the events page and it redirects back to home. Links to individual category lists work fine.

http://www.highcountry365.com/events-calendar-2/ – via a mobile device.

Ben

In case it wasn’t clear… My issue only presents itself when using my WP Touch mobile theme via a mobile device. The desktop theme isn’t doing this, so I’m assuming this is theme related not permalink related (though I could be wrong).

MItch

Resaving permalinks did not resolve the issue and we are using “post-name” permalink structure such as “http://rodman.clients.firemancreative.com/sample-post/”

MItch
    MItch

The event link works after changing the route, but after a second time of updating the event, it redirects to the homepage.

Rob

Thanks guys.

Ben: at this point there is a known conflict with WP Touch, unfortunately. We are doing some responsive iterations on the events cal views that should help with mobile viewing. Not sure whether they’ll be cooked into the core plugin, or offered as a patch or add-on theme…but that code is still about a month out. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the immediate future here.

Mitch: what do you mean by “changing the route”? Have you checked already whether this is another plugin causing a conflict, as I suggested for Curtis above?

MItch

It seems like the Redirection plugin does not play nice with The Events Calendar plugin even without having redirects created. After deactivating Redirection, all of my events worked perfectly. Thanks for your help Rob.

Rob

Ah, thanks for confirming Mitch – sorry to hear about that conflict. It’s likely that with the templating changes we’re incorporating in 2.1, the overall integration with other plugins should be smoother. Would be interested in hearing if you had any luck upon updating on that end, when 2.1 eventually is released.

Sorry I couldn’t offer more in the short term. If I can do anything else, please let me know.

John Niernberger
    Participant

I’m getting an “events has passed” message on all venues — the time shown is the time the venue was entered, so therefore it’s naturally always in the past. I’m running 2.0.6.

Again, this isn’t for events, this is for venues, so “event has passed” has no relevance.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Redirects to Venue’ is closed to new replies.