Event price cannot be changed in translated items using WPML

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event price cannot be changed in translated items using WPML

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pavlo Lukash
    Participant

We created events in EN then translated to RU and EE. The prices are getting synced for some reason and not allowing to update in RU and EE separately. We have to go to EN event and then prices would change and be assigned to other translations. We do not want this to happen. We want to modify EE and RU priced separately and swith the sync off. Pls advise on how to do this. When events have been translated we pushed the Translate independently button..but seems its not working with custom fields.

Geoff B.

Good evening Pavlo and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

What is going on is that each Custom field is getting a default “WPML behaviour” value as part of our plugin’s interaction with WPML.

_EventCost is set to “copy”. Most probably, “Copy once” or “Translate” would be better settings in your situation.

The good news is that WPML lets you override that via a wpml-config.xml file.
    All you need to do is to drop it inside the our plugin’s root folder.

Here is an example of such a file to get you started.
    wpml-config

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Pavlo Lukash
    Participant

Geoff, thank you will try that. Found one more part of it )I guess).. If you go to WPML Translation Manager and then to Custom XML Configuration tab. There is an option to insert some custom xml.. is it the same? Can I paste the .xml data here? If yes, what would be the format?

Geoff B.

Good evening Pavlo,

I am glad this was useful to you.
    The short answer is yes, this is just another way to achieve the same result.

To get a sense of the format, I suggest you download my file and open it in a text editor.
    You might also want to read the following: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event price cannot be changed in translated items using WPML’ is closed to new replies.