Event Preview of Draft not working after Upgrade to 3.12

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Preview of Draft not working after Upgrade to 3.12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hey All,

We recently upgraded our TEC installation, along with our add-ons (Community Events, EDD Tickets, PRO) to the most recent version. I upgraded our customized templates per the documentation in the email with high-level template changes and everything looks great. The one thing that no longer functions properly is the Preview of events that are ‘draft’ or ‘pending’.

When we click the preview it simply takes us to the home page of the site.

I have a backup of the site prior to upgrade on our WPEngine Staging site and I verified that the preview was working prior to the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Matt Whiteley
    PondHole

Thomas Bliss
    Participant

We are also experiencing the same problem..

Thomas

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I tested this issue and was able to replicate the experience y’all are having. I created an internal bug ticket for tracking this issue. You’ll be notified here as we make progress on this issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks!

Alain
    Participant

I have the same problem.

ricscohan
    Participant

We are seeing the same problem.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out on this issue as well.

You’ll also be notified via this thread as we make progress on addressing this issue.

Thanks!

Andreas
    Participant

Hi,
    I am also experiencing the same issue on my site after the update.

Not sure if it’s related to this issue, but i’m also seeing some issues with the admin menu in general where the links are not loading correctly.
    The menus are being placed on top of each other until i hover over them with the mouse pointer.

This could of course be my child-theme, so I’ll look into that as well. 🙂

Edit:
    Changed to the stock 2012 theme but still have the issue with the menu items.
    So not a child theme issue. 🙁

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Andreas.
    Ryan
    Participant

Andreas – I’m assuming you’re using Google Chrome – this is an issue with the latest version of Chrome. I’m not trying to plug my site at all but I wrote a quick blog post about the fix:

http://whiteleydesigns.com/fix-wordpress-admin-menu-in-chrome/

It’s just a simple snippet in to the functions.php file:

// Chrome Admin Menu Fix
    function chromefix_inline_css() {
    	wp_add_inline_style( 'wp-admin', '#adminmenu { transform: translateZ(0); }' );
    }
    add_action('admin_enqueue_scripts', 'chromefix_inline_css');
    Andreas
    Participant

Thanks Ryan, that did fix the menu problem.
    Now just to wait for the fix for the preview of events. 🙂

Thomas Bliss
    Participant

Can we please get an update from the developers on this issue?

Thank You,

Thomas

Josh
    Participant

Hey Thomas,

Sorry for the delay here.

I’ve created the bug report for this and it will be addressed in an upcoming release. I can’t give you a set date for that release but you will be notified here as we make progress on this issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks!

Jan
    Participant
    Ryan
    Participant

Thank Jan – I implemented this in our dev environment and ran a variety of tests to make sure everything was functioning properly after implementation and I find no problems at all. Seems like this is the solution. I’ve moved it in to production on our site.

Hopefully it can be included in the next release.

Thanks for the work in the other thread – I didn’t have a chance to look in to the issue but looks like you took care of that for me!

Cheers,

Matt

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jan,

Awesome! A huge thanks for sharing your solution in that thread.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If anyone has any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey there! Just a heads up that The Events Calendar 3.12.3 and The Events Calendar PRO 3.12.2 shipped just minutes ago and included a fix for the issue you reported here. Please do check it out and make the update!

Thanks for your support. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Preview of Draft not working after Upgrade to 3.12’ is closed to new replies.