Event posts not appearing with other posts

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event posts not appearing with other posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    peeblesmedia
    Participant

Event posts are not appearing amongst other posts even though ‘Include events in main blog loop’ is ticked. Even tried adding category ID for Exhibitions (957) and still didn’t show anything. Any ideas?

Barry

Hi: can you confirm how you are setting the category ID? Is this a feature of your theme, for example?

I’m asking primarily because it may be the theme is circumventing the regular WordPress query loop in order to provide these facilities (or the same thing could be true of a plugin you might be using).

With that in mind, can I ask you to run through our normal troubleshooting steps?

Please:

• Switch to a default and completely unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • Deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO
    • Ensure the above two plugins are up-to-date
    • Test again and see if events now show up in the main blog loop

Assuming they do show up under the above conditions, start reactivating everything else one-at-a-time, testing at each stage to see if you can isolate the source of the problem.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

peeblesmedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

So it’s important that categories and event categories are two distinct things. They certainly are similar at a high level, but operate quite independently of one another.

So do you mean you are manually adding that query to the front page URL? Or are you adding the ID to some setting your theme makes available? Certainly if it is the latter there is a good chance it will not work quite as you’d expect (since post categories and event categories are separate).

Does that clarify things?

peeblesmedia
    Participant

OK, I’ll not use event category code at all.
    When I create a normal WordPress post should categories from the Events section appear in my WordPress Categories panel?

Barry

No, normally they shouldn’t – event categories and post categories are two separate things.

peeblesmedia
    Participant

Thanks, will just stick to using the widgets in sidebar to promote events.

Barry

OK – in that case I’ll go ahead and close this thread but of course if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event posts not appearing with other posts’ is closed to new replies.