Event Page Template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Page Template

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    code-engine-studio
    Participant

Hi,

The theme I’m using for my site offers great supports for the normal pages, through page options on page editing screen. I want to use them for Events pages: Event listing page, Event submission page.

Is there any chance I can base those Events pages on a normal page to make use of page options? Maybe through shortcodes?

Please advise. Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you referring to a page builder that came with your theme? Can you tell me which theme that you’re using?

You can try adjusting the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” and “Events template” settings under Events > Settings > Display. These affect how much events pages inherit their styling from the theme.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for integrations like this, but if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

code-engine-studio
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Here’s the theme I’m using https://themeforest.net/item/fildisi-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/19196010

I’m not referring to the page builder, but a meta box full of page options that come with the theme. Please see attached image page-options.png

What I’m looking for is not just changing the styling of the mentioned pages. What I’m looking for is have more control over the content of those pages – add text before or after the event related content (event listing or submission form), or make changes to the header (please see attached image page-header.png) through the mentioned page options.

So what I’m suggesting is, instead of having a custom page for event listing page, the whole event listing content can be placed onto a normal page with a shortcode. That way, I can easily mess with the header of the page through page options, or add content as I wish.

Is my suggestion clear? And how do I make it happen?

Thank you for your time.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying and sending the screenshots!

One thing that I want to point out first with the front end event submission page (from Community Events) is that it is not a traditional page that you can see in the Pages section on your site – it is generated automatically. You can however customize this page by doing a template override. The file you need to copy and edit can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php.

For the single events pages, I’d still recommend switching the “Events template” setting to “Default Page Template”. There is not an out-of-the-box way to get the meta box to show up on the back end of events pages (although you may be able to do so with a customization – you might contact your theme author to find out about adding it to custom post types like “tribe_events”). We do have a shortcode that lets you insert single event content into other pages.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Page Template’ is closed to new replies.