Event page : previous and next events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event page : previous and next events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Julien
    Participant

When on an events page, there is links under content : tribe_previous_event_link() and tribe_next_event_link().
    But this 2 links don’t show events in a date order. We would expect that previous event is the event that just happened before (based on a dated list), same for next events.

Rob

Hi Julien. Those links should be directing users to the next event happening (by date) and the previous event. Are you seeing something different? If so, can we have a link to check it out on your site?

franck
    Participant

Is it possible to get the next and previous event in a category of events ? I can’t find anything in the doc that says yes.

Rob

Franck: are you just saying you want to have the next/previous links stay specific to the category (and not pull from the entire calendar)? Assuming so, let me see what our dev Jonah says about that. I’d imagine it to to be possible but am not sure myself. Stay tuned.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Franck,

There are currently next/prev links when viewing the event list categories @ http://yoururl.com/events/category/category-name/upcoming/ but are you asking about single events? If so, the answer is no, it can’t be done with our plugin but you could try something like this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ambrosite-nextprevious-post-link-plus/

Does that help?

– Jonah

franck
    Participant

OK. I will look into it. But why isn’t there an option in the tribe_get_next_event_link() to restrict it to the current event’s category. It seems to be a good feature for the function. What we have in our website are really separate categories of events that we do not want to mix. We managed to get the calendar working with only one category, why not the links ?

In fact we have another issue with the calendar, the AJAX is actually messing up our URL since we don’t use the standards event pages paths. It is also loading all categories when we push next even if the current month view first loaded is limited to one. So two questions on the calendar :

Is there a way to make the AJAX calendar not changing the url of the browser ?
    Is there a way to make it stay on the current filtered category ?

Thanks for your support !

franck
    Participant

OK the next and previous links are working perfect with the plugin you suggested thank you. I’m still have the “issues” with the calendar though.

Jonah
    Participant

The issues with the AJAX functionality changing the URL? Can you provide a link to your site so I can see what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Jonah

franck
    Participant

What I mean is that I would like the AJAX calendar not to alter the url of the browser, I don’t know it that’s possible.

The biggest issue I have though is the fact that when I click next or previous on the calendar it doesn’t care about the category of event I specified earlier. We have exhibitions and installations, I would like one calendar that shows only exhibitions.

We don’t use the plugin’s event pages but we embed the calendar in our pages templates.

I’ll get back to you when we put the site online so that you can check it out.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Franck,

Make sure you have the latest version of both the base plugin and PRO (2.0.7) because the AJAX functionality works fine for me even when in an event category. It sounds like you may have some alternate setup though and I cannot guarantee that this functionality will work with that. It would help to be able to see an example of what you’ve got setup. I’ll keep an eye out for your site when it’s online.

Cheers,
    Jonah

franck
    Participant

OK. The site is up on a test server. It’s on this page : http://akryl.me/bund18-wordpress/art-culture/18gallery/

To reach the calendar scroll down and click on calendar. It’s in a hidden by default div.

Here is the code we use for the list :

In the page template :

In list.php :
    global $post;
    $all_events = tribe_get_events(
    array(
    ‘eventDisplay’=>$eventTiming,
    ‘posts_per_page’=>10,
    ‘tax_query’=> array(
    array(
    ‘taxonomy’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,
    ‘field’ => ‘slug’,
    ‘terms’ => $eventCategory
    )
    )
    )
    ); ?>

To get a filtered calendar with the category we do this :

I know the AJAX calendar works if you keep the plugins URLs like :
    http://akryl.me/bund18-wordpress/events/category/exhibitions/2012-06/

I think the AJAX calendar is based on the URL, any way we can change that ?

franck
    Participant

Or could we make the ajax switch to http://akryl.me/bund18-wordpress/events/category/exhibitions/2012-06/ URL ? I don’t mind changing the JS, this is the only page were we need the calendar.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi franck,

Yes, you should be able to switch to the URL containing the category slug to limit the calendar to that category and that should work for you. Does it work?

Cheers,
    Jonah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Event page : previous and next events’ is closed to new replies.