Event Page Looks Different

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event Page Looks Different

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    for some reason, when I had a user add an event through the community events plugin, the event page looks very different than all the events that I created through the backend.

https://www.gracestl.org/event/serve-st-louis/
    Here is the community events submission

https://www.gracestl.org/event/leader-training/2016-07-20/
    Here is an example of one created in the back end.

Also, is there a way to notify the user, when their event is approved?
    Also, is there a way to bulk edit the events. For example I want to change every events custom field value to be the same.

Thanks guys,
    Without this plugin, our site and app would never be as cool as it is.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Michael,

I would love to help you with this.

There are certainly a few differences between those pages, the event image, the content. But, I am guessing what you are referring to is the fact that one has a big map, which moves the venue info into it’s own box. This happens when you check the box “Show Map” on the event. Is that what you mean by the two looking completely different? If not, do you mind specifically letting me know what the difference is?

Cheers!

– Brook

Michael
    Participant

Brook, that is exactly what I am talking about!
    How can i enable the show map feature on the community form?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Rob

Kieran McMutrie
    Participant

I suspect your running into the bug a few of us reported a few weeks ago. See here

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/googlemaps-not-working-on-community-events/

Unfortunately the map feature isn’t working for community events created in the front end where you pick a pre existing venue. Brook – Do you have an update on this issue as my thread was closed by the autobot

Hope that helps and a fix is along soon.

Kind Regards
    Kieran

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Michael,

Brook, that is exactly what I am talking about! How can i enable the show map feature on the community form?

Excellent, glad we’re on the same page. The show map box actually should appear on both the front and backend when you add an event. Your Community Event there was the one that had it checked so I believe it’s appearing on your website as well.

The only thing is that there is a bug right now that hides this box when you edit an existing event, whether you edit that event from the backend or Community form. This bug is already fixed in version 4.2.4 of our plugin, and that is currently scheduled to be released sometime next week. Once that fix is out you can just update and edit an event to restore the form. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately the map feature isn’t working for community events created in the front end where you pick a pre existing venue. Brook – Do you have an update on this issue as my thread was closed by the autobot

Ahh that silly autobot. We are going to lengthen the time he gives before closing a thread. What a pain!

I just reopened your original thread if you do still need to discuss things. As I mentioned above we do have a fix coming in our very next release. And when the fix is ready we’ll reach out to you in you topic and let you know its out. Please let me know if you have any more questions or anything.

Cheers!

– Brook

Michael
    Participant

Hey Brook,
    I found out the reason my “show google map” box was hidden, was because of the “single geography mode” setting under Community. I unchecked that, so now people have the option to show the map. Is there a way to always have this checked by default?

Brook
    Participant

Ahh that makes sense.

You can absolutely set it by default Michael in Community Events. It will require a small theme override. If you have never made one of those before you should first familiarize yourself with the Themer’s Guide. With that knowledge in hand, create an override for public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/venue.php and then go down to around line 38. You will see this:

$venue_show_map_link = get_post_meta( $postId, '_EventShowMapLink', true );

Swap it out for:

$venue_show_map_link = true;

And there you have it, it should be set by default.

Did that do what you wanted?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Page Looks Different’ is closed to new replies.