Event order current day specials followed by remaining days then everyday events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event order current day specials followed by remaining days then everyday events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Fouche

Hi there,

I have a hotel/pub client that is engaging us the rebuild their new website. They have 2 pages on the site which Im thinking may require the use of EVENTS PRO / PHOTOS but Im unsure how it will work within their requirements of how they order their specials/events.

DAILY SPECIALS
    One page is for their DAILY SPECIALS which will be food or menu items. Depending what day of the week it is, the current days food special (event) appears first, then followed by the subsequent days food specials, then by food specials that occurs everyday. For example, today is thursday, so the first listing is thursday’s food specials, followed by food specials for friday, sat, sun so and so forth. Then after wed we have the food specials that occur everyday of the week.

See exisiting layout: https://d.pr/free/i/mUOp9u

WHATS ON
    The other is a WHATS ON page which is your more traditional events page with mixture of single and recurring events. Depending what day of the week it is, the current day event will appears first, then followed by the subsequent days events, then by events on certain dates, then by events that occur everyday.

See exisiting layout: https://d.pr/free/i/QNCyxI

1. Can EVENTS PRO / PHOTOS be used to achieve their current solution?
    2. How would I work these two together, but in their own right? By Categories?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support.

1. Yes, you can accomplish something like described and in this case since its a little more custom then the default functionality, you would want to read about and use shortcodes.
    2. Yes, you are correct. You would set up categories and/or tags and incorporate these into shortcodes essentially.

We do have a knowledge base available to premium support to learn how to use all of the features of the calendar/photos for your desired layout.

Thanks,
    Brendan

pixelfish
    Participant

Thanks Brendan for the reply.

I purchased the EVENT PRO plugin and to tried to replicate the 2 x examples I provided and test some of the ideas you proposed using the plugins features/shortcodes and have some questions…

DAILY SPECIALS

Daily Specials

1. I created 7 x recurring events for each day of the week (Mon – Sun) then I created 1 x event that recurs ‘Everyday’. It currently sits in 2nd position. Is it possible to custom order the events to be by the ‘Day’ first, then followed by events that recur ‘Everyday’?
    2. How can you show ‘ADDITIONAL EVENT FIELDS’ on the event archive page? I can see it on the result page, but really need it to appear beneath the Even Title on the archive page.

WHATS ON

What’s On

1. We have events such as ‘Ongoing Sporting Events’ that don’t really have a fixed date but are treated as ‘ongoing’ events. How should I treat this?

RECURRING EVENTS
    1. Because most of our events such as ‘daily specials’ actually ‘never’ expire. What is the best setting to choose for the following:
    – Clean up recurring events after [XX]
    – Create recurring events in advance for [XX]

Let’s say I set ‘Clean up recurring events’ to 10, doesn’t that mean I would have re-create the event after 10 occurrences? Im just aware if the number is large, the system is creating 100’s of events in the backend which is quite confusing for the user who might not necessarily see them as individual events.

Thanks

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to help you with this, but first will you please post this question in ourEvents Calendar PRO forum? We use the Pre-Sales forum to answer questions about the features of our premium plugins for those interested in purchasing them.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event order current day specials followed by remaining days then everyday events’ is closed to new replies.