event location details missing upon submission

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events event location details missing upon submission

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    freshtribe
    Participant

Hi,
    Since the upgrade, when people submit events to my calendar, their event location details are missing. They complete the form and include the location information. This information does not appear when I go to the administration panel to edit and publish a new event. I also completed a form myself to test this and the event location details did not appear in the admin panel. Any thoughts on how to fix the issue? Thanks.

community events version 3.0.1
    calendar pro 3.0.4
    the events calendar 3.0.2

Barry

Hi freshtribe,

It seems to work for me.

I see that when you created this thread you noted that you tried deactivating other plugins. Can I confirm if – at the same time – you also switched to a default, unmodified theme?

freshtribe
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your response. When you say it works for you, what does that mean? Are you able to access my admin panel?

Thank you.

Barry

No, I can’t access your admin panel.

What I mean is that if I test this (and we typically test on a “plain” installation running no other plugins and using only a default theme) I do not experience the same thing – for that reason it makes me think that there is, possibly, a conflict either with your theme or some other plugin, which might explain why we see two different things when otherwise following the same steps.

Does that clarify things?

freshtribe
    Participant

Thanks for your clarification. Glad it works at your end. As indicated, it does not work for us here. We’ve tried disabling and re-enabling all plugins. We’ve tried switching to a default theme. Same problem. Venue information appears under the venue tab in the admin panel but not in the event tab.

Also strange, sometimes upon refreshing the venue information suddenly appears in the event information and then disappears. We’re unable to replicate this in a consistent manner or identify under which circumstances this occurs so it’s hard to report any meaningful “when we do x- y occurs” pattern.

Also, we’re having the same problem as others are having in that there is no “URL” under the heading “Event Website” on the public community add form.

We’re disappointed because the program worked seamlessly before our last update. We’ve spent hours trying to get this to function properly. We understand the debugging process is a lot of work at your end and that things take time. That said, we don’t have hours more to invest in this and would like to request a refund.

Barry

Hi freshtribe,

One thing I noticed on visiting your site is that the community submission form is at …/events/submit-events/ instead of …/events/community/add as normal. Is there a reason for that?

Is this a custom submission form rather than that provided by Community Events?

freshtribe
    Participant

No. The standard submission form was removed because people were submitting events and then complaining that they weren’t appearing properly. All testing was done prior to this with the regular community events form in place.

Barry

OK. Would it be possible to have access details so I can make a test submission and see what’s happening admin-side? Ideally I’d prefer to do this within a duplicate testing/dev site as I would also like to disable other plugins and possibly your theme as part of the process.

If that’s ok, please reply privately with login credentials – please also confirm that:

* You have made a complete backup and know how to restore it
    * You don’t object to settings being changed, plugins or themes deactivated etc

freshtribe
    Participant

We do object. We cannot risk further site problems because of the calendar plugins or attempts to fix them. We would like a refund, please.

Thank you for your time.

Barry

Sure, we don’t want to cause unnecessary disruption and if you don’t have a development site I can understand that being problematic.

To request a refund, please simply email us at pro (at) tri (dot) be and include a link to this thread so the team sees the context of the request.

Thanks – and sorry to lose you.

digitaldrive
    Participant

Hi there,
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have the same issue with the upgrade to the Community Events plugin.

This is a critical issue that NO EVENT LOCATION data is being saved when users submit the form. I have already gone through the process of resetting the theme to 2012, disabling everything, starting with a blank wordpress install and repeatedly adding events via events/community/add, even testing different browsers including firefox and chrome.

Screenshots:
    Community Add Form
    http://picpaste.com/pics/c4f63b73b8066f0c421a27201530da82.1375409759.jpg

WordPress Admin Events Calendar – >Edit Event
    http://picpaste.com/pics/28de46969c57ddd344ba6cab6b1d4ed7.1375409717.jpg

Staging Environment:
    WordPress 3.6.0
    Events Calendar 3.0.3
    The Events Calendar: Community Events 3.0.1
    The Events Calendar PRO 3.0.4

I need a resolution to this ASAP – even if it means going back to a lower version in the 3.0 family of the plugins. I’m at the point where I’ve even read through the community views/hooks files to see if I could solve it myself!

I’ve gone from feeling really grateful that this plugin existed to feeling extremely anxious that a single update will break everything each time.

At this point, we’re so far in that a refund wouldn’t help – as many dev hours have already been spent customizing the site/theme to integrate Events Calendar Pro + Community… then re-doing all of that customization work when 3.0 came out, it has been one issue after another, this being the most critical..

Thank you for you time and I hope to hear back regarding this soon…

Barry

Please don’t hijack threads but create a new one of your own so we can focus on your specific issue and help you out in a timely fashion.

If for instance we start progressing your issue here and freshtribe decides to keep progressing things after all then it would quickly become confusing – plus the cause may be different in both cases.

For that reason I will now close this – but definitey go ahead and create a new thread (and @freshtribe if you do give us another shot, please do the same).

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘event location details missing upon submission’ is closed to new replies.