Event Listings Not Showing Up on Sidebar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Listings Not Showing Up on Sidebar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ariddlelfcc
    Participant

On our student newsletter site, http://www.lfcc.edu/focus, the right-hand side bar is supposed to display the next few upcoming events on our calendar. As you can see, there are quite a few:

http://lfcc.edu/focus/events/2015-01/

They were displaying fine, however after updating to 3.9, they have no longer been showing up.

We even removed the custom template the site was using for that events sidebar listing and tried using the default template provided with the plugin. Unfortunately, it is still not displaying any events in that list. The posts array that should contain those events is empty when it gets to the template page and I’m not sure why that would be happening.

Can you help? Thank you!

Geoff

Hi there, Aaron! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry your bumping into some issue here with the list widget displaying events. Hopefully we can figure it out here together. 🙂

The first thing that comes to mind after an update is if both The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO plugins are running the same version. Will you please check to see that both are on version 3.9, which is the latest current version?

Secondly, I wonder if you have any filters applied to the widget that are preventing it from displaying certain events. If you head over to Appearance > Widgets and select the Events List widget, do you see any filters that have been added?

You also mentioned some customizations that you had removed to test. Are there any other modifications or customizations to other areas of the calendar? Removing those would be another thing to try.

Lastly, I see you noted that you tried deactivating all other plugins and reverting to a default WordPress theme. Did you notice any difference when running just those two plugins on a default theme?

Let’s start there and see where that takes us. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Aaron! Just checking in to see if there’s been any other update or if you still need assistance on this one–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

ariddlelfcc
    Participant

Geoff,

Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I think I figured it out. The widget had no filters added. When I added some, the events show up. That should fix it!

Geoff

Perfect, I’m glad that did the trick! Thanks for following up and letting us know how you solved it. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please don’t hesitate to start a new one if anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Listings Not Showing Up on Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.