Event List View – Page title missing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List View – Page title missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

In Calendar view and detailed event view the title appears. In event list view it is blank.

Joyce Grace

Hi Christopher can you please link to your site when posting requests like this? We need to take a look to see what is going on.

Also, have you made any modifications at all to the plugin? We will need to know step by step what you did if this is the case.

Can you also confirm you have done all of the following, to rule out the most common causes of these problems?

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.7)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?

Thanks!

Christopher

Hi Joyce,
    It might be the theme. Using Barely Corporate by Theme Boulevard.
    How would I go about manually adding the title to calendar and list view?
    I am using the Default Page template in the settings.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Chris

Is there an email I can send you a link to, might be easier to just see it?

Rob

Hey Christopher. Joyce is out for the next week or so, but I’d be happy to try and help you out best I can.

The list view is controlled by the list.php file that came in the core The Events Calendar plugin. I’d be interested to hear whether, if you manually attempted to set the title via the instructions provided here (https://theeventscalendar.com/renaming-the-calendar-to-something-other-than-calendar-of-events/), you had any better luck getting it to display.

Also, have you checked out our themer’s guide? It isn’t theme-specific, but may be of some value to you here: tri.be/themers-guide-to-the-events-calendar/. Let me know if you’re still struggling from there and I can try to get a dev to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

Christopher

Hi Rob,
    While looking at Calendar view I see the title “Calendar of Events” and your link to the function does change this. My problem is when I click on “Event List” button. The new page does not have a title at all, just an empty white box where the title should be.

Firebug shows me:
    (Working Title)

(Missing Title)

Not sure what to make of it but any insight would be helpful.

Regards,
    Chris

Christopher

The Code seems to have been removed from my comment. Is there an email I can send the link to my website too?

Thanks

Rob

Hey Chris; sure thing, if you want to send an email to pro /a tri.be (ideally including a link to this thread, a link to your site and the code that was stripped out here) I can take a look and get a dev to chime in here on the thread as needed.

Thanks for your patience on this so far. We’ll do what we can to help get this sorted for you.

Rob

Hi Chris. Just wanted to follow-up on this; can you paste the code you wanted to share in pastie.org or a similar service? I have my dev taking a look here and having the code would be useful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List View – Page title missing’ is closed to new replies.