Event List shows either Events in this Country / Overseas Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List shows either Events in this Country / Overseas Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sleggat
    Participant

Is there an easy way to have the main Events page list either; ”Taiwan Events’ or ‘Overseas Events’.

E.g. choosing ‘Overseas Events’ would check against the Venue’s ‘Country’ field to make sure it didn’t match ‘Taiwan’.

The best I can come up with without going too deep is to create categories for Taiwan / Overseas and then just link to /events/category/taiwan/ but I envisage the client forgetting to set a category each time they add an event.

Casey D

Hello sleggat,

Thanks for contacting us!

Some sort of taxonomy here is absolutely the best solution; categories are probably the best.

Off the top of my head, what you probably want to do is look into the ‘save_post()‘ action. You would do a check on the country, then assign a tribe_cat to the $post.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

sleggat
    Participant

Thanks Casey, I think that’ll work!

Casey D

Hello sleggat,

Happy it worked out!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List shows either Events in this Country / Overseas Events’ is closed to new replies.