Event List Photos Enlarged When Adding Single-Event.php to Child Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List Photos Enlarged When Adding Single-Event.php to Child Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Citarello
    Participant

I am attempting to do some overrides using my child theme. When adding the /list/single-event.php to the child theme directory, the images for the events are getting blown out and enlarged. Please see the screenshots attached.

Full path to the file I am copying is from: /public_html/staging/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php to: /public_html/staging/wp-content/themes/Avada-Child-Theme/tribe-events/list/single-event.php

Please advise, thanks.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

I fixed it. The problem was related to the fact that I am using the Avada theme, which already has it’s own /list/single-event.php file. There is another file in that directory called meta.php that I was able to move to my child theme and make my overrides there.

Because I have the Avada theme installed, I suspect I am going to encounter this situation again. What are your recommendations for those of us using Avada, and also have the “the-events-calendar” and “events-calender-pro” plugins installed with it?

Barry

Thanks for the great question, Joseph!

If I understand your question correctly it sounds like your existing approach of creating your own template overrides from within a child theme is the right way to go.

Does that help?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List Photos Enlarged When Adding Single-Event.php to Child Theme’ is closed to new replies.