Event List Layout Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List Layout Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joanne
    Participant

Why would my event lists (http://www.kidtivity.com/family-events-in-ct/) start with the first event lower than the others and the additional rows touching the one above it?

Hunter

Hello and welcome back,

I hope your Friday went well! The issues you’re experiencing are most likely related to your theme, whether it be an issue with the layout or possibly CSS.

I right-clicked my mouse and opened the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if I could identify any issues. It appears the reason your first event is set lower than the others is due to this line of CSS code, most likely coming from your theme:

.tribe-events-list .type-tribe_events:first-of-type {
    margin-top: 32px;
    margin-top: 2rem;
    }

You could try adding the following line of CSS to your theme options CSS panel or directly into the theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-events-list .type-tribe_events:first-of-type {
    margin-top: 0;
    }

You might need to set it to margin-top: 0!important;.

Please review this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video and let me know if you’re able to use what you learn to resolve the display issues using CSS.

We are unfortunately not permitted to troubleshoot theme conflicts in depth, so you’ll need to resolve the issue yourself. For what we are able to support, please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article.

You also might want to try contacting your theme author to see if a) this is a known issue and b) if there is a readily-available solution they can provide. Sorry I can’t do more and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or concerns. Have a great weekend!

Joanne
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

That fixed the fist row issue and the video was a huge help in understanding what was affecting the layout.
    I was able to find and fix the margin-bottom issue!

Thanks.

Hunter

That is great news! I’m happy to hear the video helped – and what you’ve learned can be applied to virtually your entire site, not just our plugins 🙂

Thank you for letting me know the issue has been resolved and please feel free to create a new thread if you have any more questions or comments. Take care!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List Layout Error’ is closed to new replies.