Event List Empty When Category Selected

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List Empty When Category Selected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Maloney
    Participant

Wordpress 3.4.1 and ECP 2.0.8.

When I select the event list, everything works fine. However, if I select a category and *then* switch to the event list, nothing shows up. I looked in the list.php and if (have_posts()) is returning false. Wherever the query is taking place must be returning no records for some reason when the category is specified.

Any suggestions?

Here is an example that *should* show results:

http://www.bravenewmonkey.com/home/events/category/webinar/upcoming/

Thanks.

Rob

Hey David. This is an interesting issue; I’m seeing it myself on your site, too. However when I attempt to recreate on my default 2011 install it works fine and I can access the category-specific pages without issue. This makes me think something else might be at play here.

Have you already flushed your permalinks (just resaving the permalinks page, without making any changes)? That might do the trick here, but if not we should check for a conflict with another plugin or the theme. This would involve deactivating other plugins until just The Events Calendar/PRO + the theme are on; and if the issue persists, reverting to the default 2011 theme from there. It’d be awesome if you had a test environment on which to do this.

Lastly: I don’t know how much impact this would have, but can you try testing without the ‘home’ in the URL there?

David Maloney
    Participant

Flushing the permalinks had no effect. Changing the theme to the default *did* work. Why would that be the case? Where can I look to work around this?

Thanks!

Joyce Grace

Hello David, if switching to the default theme with all the plugins activated as per usual, you should definitely ask the theme creator about this. There could be something they’ve installed in the theme that was supposed to do something for another area that is conflicting. It shouldn’t – but some themes do have these problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List Empty When Category Selected’ is closed to new replies.