Event information gone

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event information gone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aj
    Participant

Hi there,

Sometime over the weekend (I think; I’m not positive), I’ve lost my event information. The event itself still shows up as a page and on the site calendar. There’s a start date and time, and also a picture with the event. All the other info, though, seems to be gone. Here’s a link to one of my events so you can see what I’m seeing: http://www.bigtop.org/event/big-top-on-tour-eau-claire/

I’m not sure if this is connected or not, but the drop-down menus for my global navigation on event pages also seem to be broken, but they work on other pages in the site.

As you can imagine, this is a pretty big deal for my client. Thanks in advance for your prompt help!

Best.

-aj

aj
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I’m seeing the event content appear in the pop-up blurb from the calendar view for the event. It’s just not on the page.

Barry

Hi: I’m really sorry, I can only imagine how frustrating that would be. Did any events – theme updates, plugin updates, changes to settings, customizations – take place and coincide with this?

It does look as if the template may have been customized a little, for instance I see this in the source just before everything “cuts out”:

<!-- Commented out by AJ on 20140314.0736 <div><span> -->

Is it possible you introduced a change that caused this issue and have you tried restoring the default templates (/renaming your custom templates so they won’t be loaded) if so?

aj
    Participant

Hi Barry – Thanks for your response.

I *have* customized the template a little, but not in the last week. In talking with my client, she noticed changes to the events this last Saturday, so that at least helps with the time frame. I did a few plugin updates at the beginning of last week, but as far as I can tell, things were working fine after them.

To try troubleshooting the plugin compatibility side of this problem, I disabled all my plugins one at a time, but nothing brought that data back.

What do you reckon our next move ought to be to figure this out?

Thanks again!

-aj

aj
    Participant

OK, under the heading of “heck if I know; let’s try it,” I renamed the directories in my themes folder (“events,” and “tribe-events”) with my changes to The Events Calendar so they wouldn’t be processed. After renaming “tribe-events,” that information is back on the page, so now I know where the problem is and can dig into that a little better.

I think I’m good to go with this issue for now, but I’ll come back here if I have more issues of information that pertains to this issue.

Thanks again for your help, Barry!

Best!

-aj

Barry

Happy to help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event information gone’ is closed to new replies.