Help Desk

Event Import Limit

Ultimately we just want to be able to set the calendar to automatically import 12 months worth of events from Google Calendar. I see the limit is 3 months if you use the date range limit but there is also Limit “by number of events” which I have set to 4000.

On my latest import 160 or so events were added however there were dozens more that were not added.

The import only covered about 6 months, despite there being additional events ready to be imported from google calendar for months further along into next fall.

Why would the import not include at least 4000 events, or all events in the google calendar (if less than 4000)?

Thanks.

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you out! If there are events inside the limit you have in the settings, then they <i>should</i> be imported. Can you please send me the link that you are importing from so that I can test it out on my end?

For the events that were imported, did they seem to be random events, or were they the next upcoming events (did the import stop importing events that occur after a certain point in time)? Were the events that weren’t imported set as recurring events in Google?

Here is the link I’m using: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/rcs%40rcs.edu/public/basic.ics

They appear to be in order and not random, but they only go out 6 months. It looks like for some reason it stopped at a little more than 6 months, there was nothing after March of 2019 for some reason but I think you’ll find that in the ics file link there’s events that go out well beyond that.

I doubt they were all recurring events that weren’t included

Thanks

Thanks for sending that link! I tested this out on my end, and I am getting events until next August (see screenshot). Are you seeing these in the preview but not in the events that are actually imported? If you’re not seeing them in the preview at all, can you please send me the link to the actual Google calendar along with a link to an example event on the calendar that isn’t being included in the import?

I was seeing them in preview but they were not being uploaded.

For whatever reason on the next scheduled update ALL posts seem to have been uploaded. I don’t know why it didn’t work when I ran a manual upload, but I think we’re in good shape now.

Thanks for your help.

I’m glad to hear that everything seems to be working now! If you do run into any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team