Event Headings missing in Day View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Headings missing in Day View

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi guys

When I click from the Month View to a Day View, only the Heading of the First event of the day is shown.

Other events on the day are not showing a heading or the date of the event.

Eg:
    http://www.gosfordnetball.com.au/calendar/2015-02-26/

I reverted to the 2015 theme and can see that it’s showing properly, with “Events for the day of…” with proper headings and titles for each time/event.

Can you please point me in the direction of which theme file I may have overrided 2-3 years ago before TEC was as good as it is now 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

I can help point you in the right direction to resolve this.

As you said it looks like some custom templates causing the issue.

They will be in your theme in this directory:

wp-contents/themes/yourtheme/tribe-events/day/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Mike
    Participant

Hi there
    Thanks for this so far.
    I’m using a child theme – are the files I’m looking for under the child theme or the main parent theme?

I’m running TEC Pro.

I know in the early days I customised a lot of the templates and ideally I’d like to start removing those customisations and using the default.

Cheers

Mike
    Participant

I don’t have that directory.

I can see some templates under:

public_html/wp-content/themes/freshcanvas/events

(freshcanvas is the child theme).

I don’t have a ‘tribe-events/day’ folder anywhere.

Thoughts?

Mike
    Participant

I can see a /views/day folder under:
    public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/day

but this is part of the plugins folder, not the theme.

I have even renamed my theme events folder to:
    public_html/wp-content/themes/freshcanvas/events.000

and it’s still displaying the same.
    I’m not sure where it’s picking up the theme files from.

Mike
    Participant

Ok, in Settings -> Display -> Events template:

– It was set to Default Page Template

If I change it to Default Events Template, then the headings display properly on the day view, however the rest of the styling is all messed up.

I’m struggling to understand which CSS file is being used for ‘default page template’ versus ‘default events template’.

PLease help.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the templates would be in your child theme.

As for this:

I’m struggling to understand which CSS file is being used for ‘default page template’ versus ‘default events template’.

They use the same stylesheet for either template from the Events Calendar. The default Events Template uses our templates in the plugin, the Default Page uses your themes, but both use the this setting for the stylesheet:

Events > Settings > Display Tab > “Default stylesheet used for events templates”

Please note we typically respond faster, but we may take up to 24 hours to respond, depending on the support demand.

Thanks

Mike
    Participant

I’m still confused.

My ‘day view’ when I use ‘Default Page Template’:

View post on imgur.com

When I use ‘Default Events Template’:

View post on imgur.com

It’s showing the events properly, but is missing the right column, colours/styles wrong etc.

I’ve tried the ‘Default stylesheet used for events templates’ as both ‘Full Styles’ and ‘Tribe Event Styles’ and it makes no difference.

It appears to be a problem with ‘List view’, whether it’s all events or events on a single day – displaying events in the list is missing the event heading. The day view isn’t showing “Events for February 26…” etc.

It can’t just be a CSS problem, because the Title is missing completely:

View post on imgur.com

I need your help! 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

It looks like your theme’s default page template is causing the issue.

I am not sure what is causing the conflict in it.

As for the Default Page Template it is unknown to us what coding in your theme is causing the issue and not much we can help on that.

If you use the Default Events Template I can help get the background corrected and maybe a style change or two.

You can also use the themer’s guide to manually add the sidebar to our Event Templates and try to fix it that way.

Let me know which way you decide and I can try to help out on the first step.

Thanks

Mike
    Participant

This can be closed. I was able to modify the default events template and add wrappers/sidebar etc.

Thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to fix this issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Headings missing in Day View’ is closed to new replies.