Event has not been imported but it says event already exists

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Event has not been imported but it says event already exists

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    siamack

Last week I set up several eventbrite events and imported them into the calendar. Nice work. I just set up a new event (7236972981) When I try to import it the calndar says :Event already exists” but as you can see it does not.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi siamack,

So you are just going to Events > Import Events, inputting the ID and clicking Go? Are you running the latest versions of all the plugins?

siamack

Yes all plugin are up to date and the yes I just go to Events->Import Events inputting the ID and clicking Go? The problem persists.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi siamack,

Are you sure this event is not in your Drafts or Trash folder? What is the name of the event?

– Jonah

siamack

I deleted the event and created a new one. We are seriously looking at discontinuing using your plug in. It’s buggy and the support is weak. I think this might be a good product if you are a programmer, but for average users like us, this is headache not worth having. We just upgraded to 3.0 and all event titles in calendar view and list view have turned white. You can’t read anything on our calendar now! I posted an urgent request for help yesterday and no answer. Lots of people here pissed off at you guys for putting us through a big hassle because you did not test your product sufficiently.

Rob

Hi there Siamack. Thanks for the note here, and please know that we understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience here. I want to help make this right for you.

Right off the bat, for your specific problem here: by creating the new event, did it fix it? It’s worth noting that the event which already existed would need to be deleted entirely (and removed from the trash) before you attempted to re-import. Let me know if it is still an issue…I’ll dig deeper if so to see what could be impacting your install on this end and whether we can offer any solutions.

On the broader issue of the 3.0 upgrade: while we tried to stress heavily in all the pre-release updates and upgrade notices that this was a major upgrade (which would particularly cause problems on sites that had customizations), it seems we failed to do so adequately in your case and I apologize there. I know what its like to be in your position and if you’d like a refund and a referral to a competitor whose calendar might work out better, please know the offer is there. I am also able to give you the 2.0.11 code and a downgrade script to help you return to the old calendar until a better implementation of the 3.0 can be scheduled. Email me (rob /a/ tri.be) if you wish to pursue either route.

If you open new threads for the separate issues you alluded to in the 3.0 codebase we are most definitely committed to helping get those resolved. Since 3.0 is the start of a new lifecycle for the plugin, one where we pretty much rebuilt it from scratch, the product was not going to be 100% bug-free. (I’ve never seen a product launch in such a state). I can assure you that literally hundreds of QA hours were spent on this product and that we were confident at the time of launch – and remain now – that the codebase was stable enough for release. We’ve already released one maintenance build and have another coming shortly to increase integration with the themes/customizations we’re seeing reported as conflicts.

I hope this helps. I’m admittedly a bit disappointed to see terms like “support is weak,” when – if you look through the forum archives here and see all the threads our small team has handled – it’s apparent they’re doing their best to assist everyone evenly and fairly. I want to do what I can to turn your experience around here so please let us know what that’ll take. Thanks again for your patience and support.

siamack

The problem of an event being tagged as already imported is the least of my problems. I copied the problematic event, renamed it and was able to import it. We are good here, at least for now.

On the issue of 3.0 making our calendar unusable, Since nobody responded to our urgent cry for help, we registered for Wufoo and Zapier and are trying to make that work. Yes a referral to a competitor’s product would be welcome.

How involved is it to get the 2.0.11 code and implement it? I’m a hacker (can follow instructions) but not a programmer.

With all due respect, I’m willing to change my wording for the support I have received on a critical issue. Your support may be well suited for a highly skilled programmer and may be sufficient for groups that need a casual calendar. But it’s not for mission critical applications. We have over 60 calls logged in today where people have gone to our calendar and see no event. 60 apologies, 60 five minute explanations, 60 we don’t know when it will be fixed, 60 we are a bunch of idiots here. And tonight I have to be here until who knows when to see if I can find a workaround. What would you call your support if you were me?

Rob

Hi there siamack:

Thanks so much for your follow-up here. I am glad to hear the import side of things is already resolved. As for the broader issue: when a calendar that the public relies on is inaccessible and leads to extra work for you, that’s a bad situation and we apologize for the fact that’s where you found yourself with this update. I am 100% committed to getting your update smoothed out.

I talked this over with our dev team, and it looks like the solution here is actually pretty straightforward. It looks like there’s an issue with the site’s CSS that is keeping the calendar from displaying.

Specifically, in your style.css file:

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { padding-bottom: 5px; color: #fff; line-height: 1em; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: -1px; }

That looks to be the reason the calendar is not working in list and in grid view; if you remove or modify that, it should get you where you need to be…but please let me know if not.

I hope this helps get the calendar back to where you want it to be, and where it’s usable for your end customers. If the problem persists I’m happy to keep troubleshooting; but if you were interested in another calendar solution, we know Pippin Williamson and his calendar (http://wordpress.org/plugins/sugar-calendar-lite/) is a solid product with dedicated support. If that didn’t meet your needs there are also the major players like Timely or Event Espresso.

Thanks again for your patience so far.

siamack

Rob, we bought the Eventbrite plug in because all we had to do was create an event, copy the event ID, post it in your plugin and we were done. In fact it all worked like that until 3.0. The h1, h2, h3 ….stuff is greek to me. I found the line that you are referring to in style.css sheet but I’m afraid if I change it, it will break something else in our theme. If you think a fix from tribe is coming, we can wait. If you can suggest an exact line of code and where it should be inserted in the style sheet, I can do that. If we have to get into the style sheet of our theme, I can not do that and we don’t have the resources for this kind of work. In this case please issue a refund and we’ll repurchase your plugin when it works out of box.

Rob

Hey Siamack. Thanks for the follow-up here, and for your confirmation of your location of that snippet. While that is pretty basic CSS that it looks like someone did intentionally drop into that file, I can understand – if you’re not familiar with it – that you’d not want to make the change yourself. Do you have either an in-house dev who can make the change with confidence, or – even better – a staging environment where you can make the change to test it before deploying to live.

That said: if this isn’t something you’re in a position to do or are up for, we can issue you a refund so you’re on way to finding something that better meets your needs. Please email pro /a/ tri.be with a copy of your receipt if that’s the case and we’ll get the ball rolling there. Though, honestly, from the looks of things it seems we’re quite close here…and I’m happy to continue advising you if that suggested change doesn’t fix the issues.

Thanks for your patience so far. Please let me know how you’d like to proceed.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, siamack. It sounds like you’ve been able to move forward on your own with this one. If there’s anything else we can do, please start a new topic and feel free to reference this one. Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event has not been imported but it says event already exists’ is closed to new replies.