Event Full – attendee list disappears

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Full – attendee list disappears

• This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Lalenia.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lalenia
    Participant

Hi, I’m having an odd problem. One of my events is full and Woocommerce recorded it as being sold out. But I can’t view the attendee list in ETP anymore – it seems that my tickets have disappeared entirely from ETP/Events Calendar. My other events that still have space left still display attendees.

Lalenia
    Participant

Actually, it’s more than that. The tickets seem to have disappeared entirely from some of my events. They’re still there for others. On the Woocommerce product edit pages, it still says ‘this item is a ticket for….’ but on the actual event page, I can’t see the tickets anymore.

Cliff

Hi, Delinda. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

To my knowledge, we haven’t heard of this happening for others.

Although it didn’t address such an issue, please do update to Event Tickets 4.6.3.1 and see if your tickets reappear.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

I’d also strongly encourage you to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Lalenia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

That link is correct.

You should be able to see a list of events with tickets by going to wp-admin > Events > Ticketed

Once editing an event, you should be able to get the link to the Attendees Report above your tickets: https://cl.ly/0M2e3n2m3c3k

===

Regarding the issue of the count being off (all zeroes), please send a screenshot of your Attendees on your wp-admin event edit screen (like I sent you) and also of your wp-admin Attendees Report.

Lalenia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Lalenia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for the update.

Do you see this button: https://cl.ly/0M2e3n2m3c3k ?

If yes, does clicking it take you to the correct URL?

If not, please paste its URL here.

Lalenia
    Participant

No, I don’t see that button. As you can see in Screenshot 3 that I’d attached previously, my tickets don’t ‘appear’ on the events page and neither do View Attendees and View Orders (although as I said, I can manually visit those pages by typing the URL in myself.

Cliff

Gotcha. I see https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2018/02/6806d749b76d4dfb.png has no tickets assigned to the event, which is why you wouldn’t see the “View Attendees” button…

Could you please use the Duplicator plugin to create a full backup (files and database — please check the box to exclude the uploads folder if it’s large) and link me to download it in a Private Reply.

I might then be able to try and replicate the issue on my own testing server with your site’s files and database.

Thank you.

Lalenia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Got ’em. Thanks. I’ll look at it another day, though.

Cliff

I figured out why it wasn’t appearing on your event’s wp-admin ticket editing metabox.

The ticket (WooCommerce Product post) was in “Private” status, not “Public”.

Go to /wp-admin/post.php?post=3162&action=edit and change it from Private to Public and it’ll then appear on your event edit screen’s tickets metabox.

This is because of get_tickets_query_args() in this file: /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Tickets.php

You can go to /wp-admin/edit.php?post_status=private&post_type=product to find all your “Private” WooCommerce Products. Assuming they’re all Tickets, you’d need to change them all to “Public” status.

By default, our WooCommerce Tickets are not visible in the WooCommerce “Shop”. Please explain why you changed Ticket Products to Private status.

Thank you.

Lalenia
    Participant

Thanks for figuring that out! I changed them to Private because we wanted to ‘close’ registration. I guess I should have just hidden them from the shop, which would achieve the same goal.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Full – attendee list disappears’ is closed to new replies.