Event description displaying twice

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Event description displaying twice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jheske
    Participant

I have just installed the plugin and imported an event. It is privately published and still in draft form on EventBrite. When I view the event it looks good, but below the event the description is duplicated. I have the “Default Page” Template set to make my event look more integrated into my site. The “Default Events Template” works but adds all sorts of spacing around headings and paragraphs and doesn’t look good at all.
    This is probably an issue with compatibility with my theme (Customizr), but I was hoping you could give me some guidance as to what may be happening and if it’s something I could fix with a setting or some simple code.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello jheske,

Sorry for the troubles you are having with the theme integration.

I can certainty help get you pointed in the right direction and provide some coding to fix some of the issues.

I know you said content is privately published, but can you make it public and share a link for your calendar with me and I can see what is going on?

That is going to be the best way I can see what is happening, otherwise I would just be guessing.

I did look at the events page using the website you have listed with us and see that the theme is displaying on the excerpt of the content and not the full content. There maybe a setting in your theme for the archives that you can change to show all the content and not an excerpt to fix.

Let me know if you have a link or we can work something else out to see the content and get this resolved.

Thanks

jheske
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Thanks for the link.

I took a look and see the double content.

The first section is being created from the Events Calendar and the second posting of the content is from your theme’s template. Not sure why it is also creating content there.

An easy fix could be to add some css to hide that 2nd area of content on the Single Events. I can help with that if you like.

As for the styling around headings and paragraphs  it coming directly from your theme. If you can provide some of the titles or areas that you think look the worst I can add some suggestions.

I did find another topic about Customizr Theme and The Events Calendar.

It seemed to have a solution to fit in the events calendar with a new template. It could be something you could try.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-customiz-and-the-event-calendar

Please let me know about the css and I can make some suggestions.

Thanks

jheske
    Participant

I looked at the Customizr thread and I’m not really sure whether it pertains to my problem or not. I’m not currently using the calendar, just EventBrite Tickets, so help with the CSS would be great!

In firebug the high-level code looks like:
    <header class=”entry-header”>
    <div class=”entry-content”>
    <header class=”entry-header”>
    <section class=”entry-content “>
    It looks like what I want to hide are the second header and the section, but I’m not sure where and how to do that.

jheske
    Participant

This is now becoming a showstopper for my event since I am trying to go live this week. I see a reference to a shortcode at https://theeventscalendar.com/eventbrite-for-the-events-calendar-1-6/, but didn’t find it in the docs. Maybe that would help avoid the problem?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi sorry for the troubles you are still having.

The best I can do it provide the css to hide that second description as a patch for this.

I did load the Customizr theme myself and it did not give the issue you are having so I am not sure exactly what is causing it only in your site.

The link to the other topic was about making a custom template for events in customizr as another possible solution.

Unfortunately,  the shortcode is from a previous version (4 years ago) and we no longer have one in the plugin. It is a feature I and many customers would like, but not sure if or when it will be added.

I see you changed the site back to the Events Template if you would like to try with the other template and me provide the coding to hide the 2nd description I can get it to you today.

Thanks

jheske
    Participant

So if I’m understanding correctly, you formatted the event with “Default Page Template,” which was a Customizr template, and it worked? I have obviously “customized” a little too much. Unfortunately, it is a free theme, so support is pretty much non-existent and there is no way to pay for a support ticket, so for the time being I have disabled the plugin and I’m using EB widgets. I will revisit the problem in a few days and try to solve it, and will seek your CSS suggestions then. Thanks very much for trying to help! I think the plugin will work great once I fix the problems.

Brian
    Keymaster

It worked as in the Event did not display a double description. Still could have been edited the formatting a bit and the main Events Calendar did not work still only the single events.

Let me know when you would like some more help and reply to this ticket, if it gets closed in the meantime, please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Event description displaying twice’ is closed to new replies.