event date in order recieved

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus event date in order recieved

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi, I know clients get the event date now in their ticket confirmation. But this date does not appear in my inbox when I get notification that someone has placed an order.

Is there a snippet I can add to the functions file that would ensure that I see the event date in the email order notification sent please.

George
    Participant

Hey John,

Thanks for reaching out.

Custom coding would unfortunately be required here, and while we cannot help out with custom coding, I can happily at least try to point you in the right direction.

Just to be clear, do you use WooCommerce as your eCommerce platform? Or Easy Digital Downloads, Shopp, etc…?

They each have a different approach to mailing the “Order Received!” messages, so I just want to make sure I address the right plugin.

Thanks!
    George

John Paul
    Participant

WooCommerce

and thank you

George
    Participant

Hey John,

I am sorry to disappoint here, but I tried making this snippet a reality and was unable to. 🙁

The thing is, you can rather easily filter the subject lines of the WooCommerce emails. But it is not easy — and for me thus far, has proven to be not possible — to access event data from this filter. All you need to get is the Event’s post ID, and from that you can query for any event data you want: title, date, start times, excerpts, the last time it was edited, anything at all.

But I just cannot get that event ID from within the filters for the email subject line. 🙁

Sorry to disappoint, John! I thought this would be possible, and it almost is, but I am not able to get the one bit that is most crucial for getting the event date information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

John Paul
    Participant

George

many thanks and huge respect for trying..

best

John

George
    Participant

Sorry I couldn’t deliver, John! 🙁

Best of luck with your project. And please open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise.

Sincerely,
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘event date in order recieved’ is closed to new replies.