Event Creation With Roles and Capabilites

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Creation With Roles and Capabilites

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yancy
    Participant

I’m attempting to use Roles and Capabilities to manage Contributors ability to create and edit events. While the capabilities are showing up in the admin, they seem to have little effect. A Contributor is able to publish — however, their dates default to the creation date and they are unable to add new venues. How can this be fixed? It is very necessary for my site to allow contributors to create, publish and edit events with dates and venues…

Rob

Hey Yancy. Thanks for the note here. Sadly, we do have a known issue related to Contributor-level accounts that we’re working on now. I see that it is logged as a 2.1 issue but it’s possible we’ll get it into an earlier release if we can figure out the cause within the appropriate timeframe.

My apologies for the inconvenience on this. Just know that relief is in sight.

Yancy
    Participant

That’s unfortunate.
    The capability is tied to the “publish post” setting, as opposed to the “publish tribe event” setting — so I would look there to fix…
    I really need this functionality — as I cannot have event publishers also publishing posts. If there were anyway to escalate this it would be appreciated — given that I have been experiencing many problems with the pro version (which I paid for and have been having to pay other people to create workarounds for because it is not functioning as expected)…

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Yancy,

As a workaround what about using something like: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/admin-menu-editor/ – to hide the Posts menu option for contributors? It’s not ideal but it should work.

– Jonah

Yancy
    Participant

That will not work for my configuration — as my event publishers also need to be able to write posts, but *not* be able to publish them, and be able to publish events. I really just need the bug fixed… I’m running a magazine with multiple contributors. Am going to have to find another solution for events if this can’t be straightened out…

Rob

Hi there Yancy. Thanks for the follow-up, and sorry to hear that the solution Jonah presented above doesn’t do the trick. It does look like our developer has marked the issue pertaining to contributor posting problems “Pending QA” in our projects system, which means — if it passes muster during our QA pass later this week — it will be included in the 2.0.7 build that is out the first week of June. (In terms of the specific issue, it was a problem that the plugin was using was using the capability ‘publish_posts’ rather than ‘edit_tribe_events’ before duplicating the event meta-data for contributors. We also fixed up the capabilities for venue saving and organizer saving, although it had no direct effect on this). Assuming that does pass QA you’ll have a resolution in less than 2 weeks.

As with any plugin, Events Calendar PRO is a work-in-progress that we’re always aiming to improve based on feature requests and bug reports presented by the community. We do monthly maintenance releases for this plugin to tackle the issues as they arise, and then have broader releases (like the planned 2.1) for big dev pushes that are usually feature-heavy. While we try to tackle issues in as timely a fashion as possible after they’re reported by community members, we’re a small team and as such have only got limited development bandwidth.

While we’d hate to see you go, if you think a refund is fair after hearing what I’ve noted above…let me know and I can process that for you, so you can use the funds on a solution that is more viable for your needs. Seems like at this point it’d be worth waiting for 2.0.7 though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Creation With Roles and Capabilites’ is closed to new replies.