Event Cost disappears with WooTickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Cost disappears with WooTickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

As the title says, when I activate WooTickets the Event Cost fields disappear when adding/editing an event. Is this by design? Why is the functionality not kept so that events can have a price without selling tickets for it?

Related function: public/template_tags/general.php line 542 onwards.

Thanks

Kelly
    Participant

Great question, Ben! 🙂 We’ve actually got a tutprial for just your situation: https://theeventscalendar.com/filtering-tec-to-show-prices-from-woocommerce-tickets/

Please give it a whirl and let us know how it goes. Thanks! 🙂

Ben
    Participant

Thanks Kelly. I’m not sure this is quite what I’m after (if it is then I apologies!). On our site we have 100s of events and on those we set the Event Cost field. We’ve since bought and installed WooTickets, which has removed this field from the backend (unexpectedly). We bought WooTickets to sell tickets on only a subset of these 100 or so events. So not all of them.

I see there’s a function/filter that decides whether the cost field should be displayed or not. I don’t really understand why adding WooTickets should mean the cost field is removed.

Can you elaborate? Thanks again, Ben.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Ben. Are you saying that the cost field is removed even for events without WooCommerce Tickets associated with them? That doesn’t sound right to me.

Please confirm, and I’ll check it out with our dev team. Thanks!

Ben
    Participant

Yep. For instance if I create a new event (with woocommerce installed) the Event Cost fields aren’t shown.

Kelly
    Participant

I’ll check into this and get back to you, Ben. Thank you for explaining!

Please note that because of the holidays it may take a little extra time, but I’ll follow up as soon as I have an answer.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Ben! Thanks for your patience while we got you an answer on this one.

Basically, the events cost field is universal, so this behavior exists to prevent confusion where costs are also being set for tickets. It can be overridden though. Here’s a snippet of code to add to your theme’s functions.php file (or some other suitable place) that should make the cost field UI display regardless of ticketing plugin:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_admin_show_cost_field', '__return_true' );

Please give that a whirl and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Ben
    Participant

That has worked a treat. Thank you very much.

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic! I’m so glad that we could get you back in business, Ben.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we will love it if you would write a few words for us here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Cost disappears with WooTickets’ is closed to new replies.