Event Content Imports as One Long Paragraph

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Content Imports as One Long Paragraph

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rion
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a nightclub client using the Facebook importer for events. When you click on the single event all of the text within the body of the event gets jumbled into one long paragraph. I have the events calendar on another couple of sites and it doesn’t do this.

Tying to figure out what the disconnect is.

Any help would be greatyl appreciated.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hi @Rion,

Oh man, that’s certainly odd! Let’s see what’s up.

First off, I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Out of curiosity, did you notice any difference when you deleted the event and re-imported it when all other plugins were deactivated and a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Sixteen) was active?

Also, if you could send me the Facebook URL for that event, I’d be happy to try importing it on my test site (which is running a default WordPress installation) to see if I get similar results.

One other question: does this happen for any event imported form Facebook into this client’s site? Or is it only happening with this one particular event?

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Rion
    Participant

I did not notice any difference.

This particular event is important to the venue, so I went in and just added the line breaks myself.

It’s happening on all of the events that they’ve imported since we’ve launched. the site, though. Here’s another example.

http://www.astonmanornightclub.com/event/house-party-fridays-presents-vinyl-3/

https://www.facebook.com/events/920298271437479/

Geoff

Hi Rion,

Thanks for sending the links!

I tried importing the same event to my test site using the latest version of Facebook Events and the content appears to have imported correctly. Here’s a screenshot of the event after it has been imported.

That tells me there is something different between out sites that is causing the paragraph tags to get stripped out rather than something in the plugin that is doing it.

My test site is a default WordPress installation, meaning there is nothing installed on it except for the Twenty Sixteen theme and our plugins. Would you be willing to create a test site of your own with the same default environment that we can use to pinpoint what is causing the paragraph tags to get stripped out of the post? Please let me know and I would be happy to send over some instructions to help get started.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Content Imports as One Long Paragraph’ is closed to new replies.