Event Category Colors via Plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Category Colors via Plugin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andy Fragen

I’ve got a plugin working that will provide a simple interface to add category coloring to your categorized events on the Month view page. You can get it now at https://github.com/afragen/events-calendar-category-colors

I will put it up on WordPress as soon as I get permission and post a URL when I get it. So far it works here, for me. It shouldn’t mess up anything on your site. To reset back to plain white background and black text just check the ‘Database Options’ restore defaults, Save and then deactivate and reactivate the plugin or simply deactivate the plugin and return to normal.

There’s a place in the plugin’s setting page that has a bunch of “selected=’selected'” text. I don’t know how that’s generated or how to remove it. It does have to do with the text color dropdown.

If I could figure out how to access the following functions from the plugin (tribe_is_month and is_tax) I could get the generated CSS to show only on the Month view.

Let me know what you think. You can see it in action at http://troop262ps.org/events/

Andy Fragen
    Andy Fragen

Latest version 0.5 pushed. Much tighter integration with TEC. Let me know if there are any bugs or requests.

Joyce Grace

Thanks so much Andy!

Davida

i have a request. i would like there to be a none option for the font color. i originally had my event names styled purple like my theme and played around with adding a background color. after doing so i did not like that particular style for the category but now the only options for my font is white and black. i tried reseting via activate/deactivate and it did not work.

Andy Fragen

@Davida – I have an idea about how to solve that. I’ll try to get to it soon. In the meantime, the only solution is to deactivate the plugin. This will restore you default text colors.

Davida

@andy thanks. unfortunately i had to remove your plugin. for some reason when it is active i am unable to save any of my settings in the “events calendar settings” panel. not sure if it theme specific or an issue with the plugin. sucks because i like the idea of it.

Rob

This is a real slick plugin, Andy – thanks so much for putting it together and sharing with the rest of us. I’ve given as many likes, favorites, works and 5-stars as the WordPress.org repo page for this plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/, for those interested) would allow. Cheers 🙂

Andy Fragen

@davida – I was able to add this feature, look for version 0.6 later today. Interestingly, my plugin doesn’t save any data in the same variables as Events Calendar uses. I do see what you’re saying though and I definitely need to fix this. As a workaround, you could deactivate my plugin, make changes to Events Calendar, then reactivate my plugin. Until I get this fixed I’ll reactivate my own settings page.

Davida

@andy thanks 🙂 awesome. i actually found the article that inspired your plugin and updated the css… lol but i definitely will look out for the updates to your plugin because i definitely want to utilize it.

Andy Fragen

@davida, version 0.6.1 should allow everything to work.

@rob – I could really use an addition to the TribeSettings API for a filter hook at tribe_settings_form_element_tab_{$currentTab}

Andy Fragen

@davida, @rob – version 0.7 being pushed out. I found a workaround to make it all work. I can save on all tabs. Yipee!

Rob

Andy, sounds like you’ve gotten what you need on the filter hook side based on the emails I’ve been seeing fly around. Let me know if not though.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Category Colors via Plugin’ is closed to new replies.