Event Categories and Formatting Description

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Event Categories and Formatting Description

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Manuel
    Participant

Hello,

I am currently using the new import feature for Eventbrite after the update. There are two things I am trying to get accustomed to that wasn’t an issue before.

Every time eventbrite is re-imported the event categories get set to blank.

I also recall the import feature for eventbrite would keep the formatting of the event description. For example, italics, bold and headers.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel!

Thanks for getting in touch. Let me help you with those issues.

Every time eventbrite is re-imported the event categories get set to blank.

I made a few tests on my end and I’m not able to reproduce this. If I assign a default category to an event and then re-imported, it will still be maintained.

Are you experiencing a different behavior? If so, please let us know what are the steps you make that results in that. Please share a screenshot of the import so we can try to replicate.

I also recall the import feature for eventbrite would keep the formatting of the event description. For example, italics, bold and headers.

I can see that the event description does not maintain the formatting, but I’m not exactly sure if that is the way Eventbrite sends the information or if we can change that on our end.

I have logged a report for this so one of our developers can have a look and see if there’s anything we can do on our end to keep the formatting. We will keep you posted about it.

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

Best,
    Victor

Manuel
    Participant

Hello, thanks for getting back to me.

I meant to say TAGs, not categories. Apologies for the confusion. The tags get deleted and I have to place them.

Also, previously the eventbrite import would also have the same text formatting as the event description.

And since the descriptions are linked, the original eventbrite page loses all of its formatting too whenever its updated.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the clarification.

The Event Aggregator “Event Update Authority” settings will determine how events will be imported if changes were made. You can learn more about this setting in https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/#update-authority

From your system information I can see you have option to Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source. Please try changing it to any of the other two options and see if it preserves the tags you added to the event.

Also, previously the eventbrite import would also have the same text formatting as the event description.

And since the descriptions are linked, the original eventbrite page loses all of its formatting too whenever its updated.

This makes total sense and surely sounds like a bug to me. Rest assured we will notify you once we fix this in a future maintenance release of our plugins.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Categories and Formatting Description’ is closed to new replies.