Event Categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Categories

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dawn Fulton

In order to decide whether or not to purchase your calendar for our club, I need to have a better understanding of how the Event Categories are labeled. My club is a Dressage Horseback Riding group that is a member of the USDF. For insurance purposes, we need to clearly be able to define when an even is a CWDS (club) sponsored event, a USDF (foundation event) or an independent local event. Can you please show me some examples of the use of your categories so that we can determine if it will work for our needs?

Leah

Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much for getting in touch, and for your interest in our plugins. I was particularly happy to see this thread as I am a rider as well! I’m afraid I lack the patience and precision for real dressage though 🙂

There are two good ways to get acquainted with the Events Categories. Firstly I recommend that you download our free plugin, The Events Calendar, and play with it a little. That will show you how the categories are presented and managed on the backend, and give you a chance to play around with the plugin a bit before deciding to buy Events Calendar PRO.

The second thing you can do is check out a few examples to see some of the different ways that people are using categories. We have our own dedicated demo site at wpshindig.com. Two other nice examples are <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>yerbabuenagardens.com/events/ and </span>chatterabq.org/calendars/.

The Events Calendar also has tags, which might be useful to you as well. If you have different kinds of events like clinics, shows, etc. you could choose to use the Event Categories to delineate the event type and then you could tag events as USDF, CWDS, etc. Categories are generally used for one or two major classifications, and tags are used to add other important keywords (ex. open, novice division, freestyle).

Hopefully the above will give you a good idea of whether our calendar would work for you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and I’d be happy to help out!

Best,

Leah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Categories’ is closed to new replies.