Event Calendar Widget on Home Page Links to Home Page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event Calendar Widget on Home Page Links to Home Page?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Event Calendar Widget on Home Page Links to Home Page? Widget displays and works fine on Posts and Pages sidebars, but on Home Page sidebar. It shows the title I entered in the widget and a link (back to my home page). How do I change the link so it looks and works like it does on the posts and pages? I have tried everything I know, but it does not make sense.

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties.

I’m not sure I see the problem, though. Can you provide a bit more detail/walk me through exactly which link or links are misbehaving here?

What I see when I view the widget on your homepage (or any page) are the pagination links to move forward/backwards a month – which work as expected – links to an event in July plus a link to the corresponding venue – which take me to the relevant places – and of course I can click on any dates that contain events and, again, everything seems to work as I’d expect.

I could easily be missing something obvious though – so definitely let me know, unless of course you have resolved this since initially posting 🙂

dupagechildrens
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I’m having the same issue as christiancountydemocrats, however it does the same thing on all posts and pages. When the page loads, below the widget is only one item with the title of the page/post and link to the current URL. If I click on any calendar day (including the current expected one), the widget then loads events as expected.

Previously, the widget loaded nothing, which was an issue with my theme, corrected by some code in my functions.php to add the registered sidebar widgets html id and class attributes. That worked, but now I have this issue. Any suggestions?

Barry

Hi: I’m very sorry we missed these follow up questions. That was, unfortunately, due to a bug in our forum software (which only notified us of updates when the original poster added a new reply).

Owing to the amount of time that’s elapsed I will now close this thread and I’d ask that if you still need help you create a fresh thread (and we do anyway prefer that you create new threads where possible rather than post in an existing thread by another user): one of the team will then be only too happy to assist 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Widget on Home Page Links to Home Page?’ is closed to new replies.