Event Calendar Widget Display Incorrect Date For Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar Widget Display Incorrect Date For Event

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joel
    Participant

I just noticed that the upcoming events list that shows under the mini calendar that can be placed in the footer widget section has an issue. The date shown under the event title is correct, however the date and day box that shows is incorrect. It appears to be using UTC possibly. Please fix or suggest a work around.

Capture

Cliff

Hi Joel. Thanks for the screenshot; it always helps.

I tested this on my local site with the Twenty Fifteen theme and couldn’t recreate the issue.

Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Fifteen theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default Twenty Fifteen theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the Twenty Fifteen theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try re-enabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Joel
    Participant

I have more information for you.

1) My wordpress timezone is set to Chicago.
    2) My events calendar setting for Timezone Mode is set to Use the sitewide timezone everywhere.

When I change the setting from “Use the sitewide timezone everywhere” to “Use the local timezones for each event. The issue goes away. And to be clear the problem only shows when the event is scheduled late in the day for the CDT timezone.

Do you have documentation on what the “Timezone Mode” setting does?

Cliff

Thanks for the additional info.

Are you sure the event(s) appearing with the wrong date/time — that specific event — doesn’t have a timezone other than Chicago?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there!

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we released Events Calendar PRO 4.0.6 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please check your WordPress updates, or you can also grab the latest copy by logging into this site and heading to My Account > Downloads.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this! Please feel free to open a new thread if you continue to experience the same issue or have any other questions that pop up during updating and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Widget Display Incorrect Date For Event’ is closed to new replies.