Event Calendar widget days of the week X instead of M (Spanish / wednesday)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar widget days of the week X instead of M (Spanish / wednesday)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Allan Barush
    Participant

The event calendar grid widget is not representing the days of the week right in spanish. instead of being L,M,M,J,V,S,D it shows an X in third place of the array.

Where can I check this to fix it?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Allan,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

What a great question!!! It made me super curious so I googled a bit. Acutally “X” is the official abbreviation of Wednesday in Spanish according to this and this resource.

Nonetheless, if you would like to change that, you will need to do it in the WordPress language file, as the names of the weekdays are taken from there. More specifically you need to look for this file:

wp-content\languages\es_ES.po

You can edit it with PoEdit or with the Loco Translate plugin.

If you edit it with PoEdit, then you will need to upload both the es_ES.po and es_ES.mo files to your server.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Just found out from here, that “X” is used for Wednesday (Miércoles) so it doesn’t get confused with Tuesday (Martes). 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

Allan Barush
    Participant

Thank you! but still I need it to change the X for the m. as I was working with the calendar I did notice that every time I change the month the language changed to english in the calendar. also the title has a FOR instead of PARA. on changing the wp-content\languages\es_ES.po do you what lines I’m looking for in the code?

thanks for your help.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Allan,

I totally understand.

The FOR -> PARA is quite simple. That string is translated already in The Events Calendar translation files, but in some cases the .po files don’t get update with a new release.

So you will need to update the .po file, here is how you can do that with PoEdit.

• Download and open wp-content\languages\plugins\the-events-calendar-es_ES.po (If you don’t find the file there, then download it from wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-es_ES.po)
    • In PoEdit go to Catalog > Update from POT file… and choose wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar.pot This will update the string set.
    • Check the translations, some might be marked as Fuzzy / Needs work. Un-fuzzy them and save.
      The specific string for the month view looks like this: “%1$s for %2$s”
    • Upload the-events-calendar-es_ES.po and the-events-calendar-es_ES.mo files to wp-content\languages\plugins\

Let me know if this fixes it.

Thanks,
    Andras

Allan Barush
    Participant

Thank you I will give it a try…

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing! Let me know how far you get and if there is anything I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar widget days of the week X instead of M (Spanish / wednesday)’ is closed to new replies.