Event Calendar Widget Breaking the Theme Customizer UPDATES?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar Widget Breaking the Theme Customizer UPDATES?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dlishdesign
    Participant

I started a discussion found here: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/event-calendar-widget-breaking-the-theme-customizer/#post-506466
    Its been over two weeks…has there been a fix found for this? Can’t use the customizer appropriately without a fix. Thanks!

Barry

Hi – thanks for following up on this one.

I’m afraid that we don’t have anything further to report just yet – but I can assure you that Casey logged this and it will be addressed in a future maintenance release. We also do our best to post updates in the original thread (as soon as we’re ready and able to do so).

Generally speaking though it’s important to understand that a new release goes out once every 1-2 months – so in terms of time-scale you should not expect anything until a little more time has elapsed, especially as something like this potentially may wait for more than one release cycle – simply because there are often a number of existing bugs that have been in need of attention and are higher priorities.

I hope that clarifies things and thanks again for getting in touch 🙂

dlishdesign
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the update. Closing off the original ticket makes it feel like you have no way to get an update on the status of the bug fix (especially when no time period is given), I really didn’t want to open a new thread but didn’t see another way. From a client perspective, this really makes it difficult to trust the process by which you are taking to address this issue and bug fix because I’m blind and kept out of the loop.

For a bug like this that breaks an essential part of WordPress core, I would imagine this is a high priority item. Futhermore, its difficult knowing that you’ve purchased a pro license for an awesome plugin that is breaking an essential part of WordPress core functionality that ultimately limits what you can do in publishing your site (unless you deactivate your plugin). I can understand and respect you have monthly (1-2 months) release cycle but what concerns me about what you said is that it “potentially may wait for more than one release cycle.” because it isn’t a high priority (which I beg to differ). So essentially I could be waiting 1-6 months for a bug fix that is effecting multiple of my WordPress sites. That seems pretty crazy and not very reasonable at all, especially for a paid subscription.

I’m a pretty patient and understanding guy, but I’m not too happy about how the process of reporting a bug has gone for me and the communication (and lack thereof) has gone so far.

Barry

I can definitely appreciate that.

Let me try to address some of your points, though – they’re all perfectly valid and I’ve no doubt we could make some improvements here but I did want to at least give an idea of why we operate the way we do.

Closing off the original ticket makes it feel like you have no way to get an update on the status of the bug fix (especially when no time period is given), I really didn’t want to open a new thread but didn’t see another way.

In no way do we want to “slam the door shut” by closing a topic – but we do (as Casey noted in his last reply) typically reopen and post an update, as soon as we have something to update. So it’s always possible to check in periodically and of course if you’ve subscribed to updates you’ll normally receive an email.

Generally we do close topics wherever possible – it’s an important control measure for us because the unfortunate reality is that topics are prone to being “gate crashed” and derailed if they’re left open.

For a bug like this that breaks an essential part of WordPress core, I would imagine this is a high priority item.

I don’t disagree and will raise this with the team – if we can reasonably raise its priority (in relation to existing issues) we’ll certainly do so.

…it “potentially may wait for more than one release cycle.” because it isn’t a high priority (which I beg to differ). So essentially I could be waiting 1-6 months for a bug fix that is effecting multiple of my WordPress sites. That seems pretty crazy and not very reasonable at all, especially for a paid subscription.

I don’t want to bog the conversation down with a semantic debate 😉 … but to clarify, I did not say this isn’t a high priority – rather I stated that there may be other bugs which happen to be higher priorities.

All that to say, I’m sorry we didn’t meet your expectations here. Please bear with me and I’ll update you again shortly once we’ve had an opportunity to reassess.

Barry

Thanks again for your patience – and your feedback.

We’re going to look at this issue in the current release cycle – so, barring any unforeseen obstacles, we’ll hopefully have this resolved in our next release.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to work on this issue for our upcoming 3.8 release. Keep an eye out on your site for an update announcement! If you update and are still seeing this problem, please post a new thread so we can check it out. Thank you for your patience while we got this fix in place.

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Widget Breaking the Theme Customizer UPDATES?’ is closed to new replies.