Event Calendar Week View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar Week View

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tammy
    Participant

When you click on the Week view of the Event Calendar its showing green squares for the days where there is a scheduled event. Shouldn’t it be showing all the activities scheduled for the week there? I am enclosing a screen shot.

Geoff

Hi Patrick–welcome back to the forums and hope you’re doing well. 🙂

Good question. Week View should look like this right out of the box:

support-weekview

Are the events that are scheduled in the week that are not displaying for you in Week View? If so, would you be able and willing to send me a link to the calendar and to an event that should be there but isn’t?

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Tammy
    Participant

All the events are showing. The site hasn’t been released to the public yet so there is just a couple of example events on there now. When you hover the green box, another box will pop up and show what the event is. But you don’t see any wording in the box. It doesn’t look like your version at all.

I also went to change some colors in the customize area but the green didn’t change.

Geoff

Hi Patrick and thanks for following up!

Sounds like we’re looking at a possible conflict between the theme styles and the plugin styles. The reason I suspect this is because of how the default styling in your screenshot is green and the titles are not showing up in the green blocks. Everything else from the hover effect to the blocks appear to be working correctly–we’re just missing the titles in those green boxes.

It’s tough to pin down a solution without being able to replicate the issue myself or see a live example of it. For right now, let’s at least confirm that my hunch of a theme conflict is correct. Will you please follow the instructions outlined in this post? This will tell if the Week View is correctly working for you when a default WordPress theme is active and let us know for sure whether this is a conflict with the currently active theme.

Once we know one way or the other, that will tell us whether I need to do more testing on my end to locate a bug inside the plugin, or if there’s a styling issue with the theme that I can help provide resources for you to fix.

Let’s start here and see what we find.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Tammy
    Participant

After a little experimenting and I should’ve realized this quickly. Any link on the theme I am using is green. The same color as the Event highlight area. Is there any way to change the link there to white without changing anything else? Thanks

Geoff

There certainly is!  You can add CSS to your either your theme’s style.css file or by using the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

I added this on my test site and it did the trick of changing the color from blue to orange:

.tribe-events-week-hourly-single {
    background-color: orange !important;
    }

Does it help for you as well? If so, we have a handy guide on how to customize the styles of the calendar using CSS that I’d suggest checking out for making additional design changes:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/

Cheers!
    Geoff

Tammy
    Participant

Works perfectly!!! Thank you again for all your help. Love how this program is going to work on our website.

Geoff

Heck yeah, that’s great to hear! It’s my absolute pleasure to help and I appreciate you following up to let me know that everything’s working nicely. Cheers and keep up the great work. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Week View’ is closed to new replies.