Event Calendar Pro Widget not displaying

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar Pro Widget not displaying

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hi, I love this plugin. It makes my life a lot easier. But… after updating today, my sidebar widget is not displaying properly, the grid and numbers have disappeared, the list of events below has also disappeared, and the navigation in the header can’t be accessed.

Test site is at http://www.stpaulsnorwalk.org/newsite

Thanks for any help!

Geoff

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you’re enjoying the plugin so far, and sorry for the trouble here with the mini calendar widget.

I was just checking out the site and it looks like the widget is there and that events are displayed with it (screenshot). The colors make some of the calendar numbers hard to read (which could be customized with some CSS) but everything else looks like it’s working as expected.

Did you happen to figure out the issue on your own? Or perhaps I’m looking in the wrong place–and, if that’s the case, it would be awesome if you could point me in the right direction and I’d be happy to take another look. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Scott
    Participant

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding, I hadn’t updated my profile and your reply was sent to my old email address. Anyway, I am still having issues, and yes, the visibility of the calendar is the main problem.

Maybe I’m thinking in much too simplistic terms, but it seems like it should be visible without having to modify the code? Thanks.

PS: the widget is now being used on secondary pages – rather than the home page – at http://www.stpaulsnorwalk.org/newsite/about/

Geoff

Hey Scott and thanks for following up!

Maybe I’m thinking in much too simplistic terms, but it seems like it should be visible without having to modify the code?

That’s certainly true, though you have to consider that the theme itself is also throwing it’s own styles in there that are overriding the default styles provided by the calendar. I know code can be a little cumbersome, but it’s often necessary when multiple components (like themes and plugins) are being used together and have different codebases that could conflict with one another.

PS: the widget is now being used on secondary pages – rather than the home page

If you head to Appearance > Widgets from the WordPress dashboard, check to make sure that the widget is not being used in any other widget area besides the homepage. And, if the widget is only being used on the homepage, it’s possible that the theme itself is using the same widget area in multiple templates. In other words, The Events Calendar will not determine where the widgets appear, but the theme and WordPress settings will.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Scott
    Participant

OK, thanks for the response. I deliberately placed the widget on the secondary pages via the creation of a separate sidebar, so that is not the issue.

I understand that a theme’s styling can conflict with plugins as well. All I want to be able to do is have all the components of the calendar widget be visible so it’s functioning as intended. I can insert customized css if it’s available, and will do so with much appreciation if it is. Unfortunately, since I’m a designer and not a coder, backend stuff is not my fortĂ©.

Thanks.

Geoff

Hey Scott,

We are fairly limited in how much we can support customization questions like this, but here’s a snippet you can try adding to your style.css file or using the Simple Custom CSS plugin:

.tribe-mini-calendar .tribe-events-othermonth {
    background: #555 !important;
    }

.tribe-mini-calendar table td {
    }

.tribe-mini-calendar table tbody tr:nth-child(2n) td {
    }

This might not get everything, but looked pretty good when I was testing it out on your site. And, of course, you can change the colors as you see fit. Regardless, I hope this gets you started in the right direction!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Scott
    Participant

Fantastic, thanks! I’ll take a look with the CSS you provided, and let you know how it works out.

Geoff

My pleasure!

Scott
    Participant

Hi, Geoff –

Thanks again for the assist. I added the snippet you gave me via the Simple Custom CSS plugin and don’t see any change from before. I emptied my browser cache to make sure I wasn’t looking at an old version, but no difference. Am I doing something wrong?

Scott

Geoff

Hey Scott!

Shoot, I really thought that would have worked since it seems to do the trick when I was fiddling around with the CSS on your site in the browser.

Perhaps you can try adding the CSS to the theme’s style.css file instead of the Simple Custom CSS file? And, even if that doesn’t work, leave it in there and let me know so I can give it another look.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Pro Widget not displaying’ is closed to new replies.