Event Calendar Pro: Is content scrapable?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Calendar Pro: Is content scrapable?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mic

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing Events Calendar Pro but before committing I have a question regarding calendar event information and the (possible) development of mobile apps in the future.

I’m not sure exactly sure how mobile aggregating apps scrape their data or if this is even a concern or an issue that you can answer, but here it goes… Are the data entered into (my) events calendar accessible to developers who might create a mobile app in the future so they can scrape and display the information? I realize that there are a lot of variables, ‘ifs’, and compatibility issues here, but I want to make sure that if in the future someone develops a mobile app that aggregates calendar events from different sites in the future that I won’t be left out in the cold…

Thanks!

Mic

Leah

Hey Mic,

I asked some of our developers, and they said that all of the event content is stored in WordPress (like other post data) and can be accessed via RSS or another method. In other words, the data is fully accessible to future mobile app developers interested in working with our plugin.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
    Leah

Mic

Yes it does-thank you so much!

Mic

Leah

Glad that worked for you!

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Pro: Is content scrapable?’ is closed to new replies.