Event Calendar Pro for gym management

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Calendar Pro for gym management

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Werner Destrijcker

Hallo,

I run a fitness business on severall locations since years and currently I use a Joomla website with a booking plugin (Matukio) from Compojoom. This was a simple tocketing system in teh beginning and they tweaked it to support gyms. Since the Joomla CMS doesn’t give me the satisfaction anymore I need, I want to switch to WordPress. Nothing to do with the plugin (which is super) but the Matukio developer only supports Joomla.

I’m now finishing a new website based on WordPress and looking for a plugin that offers me the same functionality. I found your Event Calendar Pro plugin very attractive. It does what I need, e.g. recurrent events, different locations, search on categories or venue, etc. Everything is there but I’m not sure for the bookings.

I have a question related to the booking possibilities. I’m searching for a fonctionality that provides support to book classes like I have know:

– I only work with known registered users. This means that only members have access to the booking button.
    – I don’t need to sell tickets, as the members already subsribed and paid for their membership.
    – I create the members as users in my website. This is completely managed in the website user admin.
    – Everybody can see all my events, but only registered members can book or cancell their attendence for a class.
    – They only can book 1 seat per class which is obvious.
    – They can book as many classes as they want.
    – I limit the number of attendees per class, so once the limit is reached, the booking is not possible anymore.
    – All members can cancell their booking and free up the seat for someone else.
    – All registered members also have a view on the other participants (this is a setting).

I hope you see what I mean by this functionality.

Can you help me out with this request please? Can this be managed with your plugin, eventually in combination with another plugin?

Thank you in advance for your support

With kind regards

Hi Werner,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

In general, we are not set up as a booking plugin, and are more suited to events and ticketing needs.  If you wanted to use the Events Calendar PRO in combination with a booking plugin, that may be a possibility.  We try to be as compatible with other plugins as possible, although sometimes custom development is needed to make these situations work.

It is possible to make a members-only calendar, which you can see here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

And you can control membership accessibility via Admin Roles and Permissions: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

I hope this helps to answer your question, please let me know if you need any further clarification!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Pro for gym management’ is closed to new replies.