Event Calendar Formatting Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Calendar Formatting Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adrian

Hi,
    I am having what is probably a basic formatting issue with your Events Calendar + Events Calendar Pro Plugin and would be really grateful for any solution that you may be able to offer.

Relevant details are as follows:
    Site Theme:

“Modular” by http://www.mysitemyway.com

Many formatting questions have been posed re your plugin in the MySiteMyWay Forum but the team behind the theme does not officially support 3rd party plugins but are very willing and do offer exceptions and fixes of which one suggestion was to paste the following code into:

Events > Settings > Template > Add HTML before calendar . . .

script type = ‘text/javascript’>
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    if (jQuery(‘#tribe-events-content’).length > 0) {
    jQuery(‘body’).removeClass(‘right_sidebar’).addClass(‘full_width’);
    jQuery(‘#sidebar’).remove();
    }
    });
    script

This works perfectly with “Event List” but not with “Calendar” View where the “span class=”tribe-events-month-nav” is unformatted (please see attached screenshots). I am sure this is very easy to fix and I have played around with the css but not been able to accomplish anything with my very limited knowledge of css. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Adrian. I’m not familiar with Mysitemyway’s themes but I’m sure we can figure something out.

It would certainly be easier to get a feel for the problem if you were able to send me a copy of your theme – or even if you could provide a URL for the site in question, so that I could see the problem via my own browser.

Thanks!

Barry

Hey Adrian – just checking in to see if you still need some help with this.

Adrian

Hi Barry, very sorry to have missed your first response and, yes, some help would still certainly be appreciated if that is OK. The site (zizbangkok.com) is still behind a wall at the moment but I can PM you a login which would probably be easiest. Many MySiteMyWay users have bought and dabbled with events calender / pro and the team behind the theme has been incredibly supportive in overcoming the cliches in the support forum and I am very willing to dupe any integration fixes over to that forum which I think would be well received.

To update I have changed the js code above to integrate the right sidebar rather than remove. However there are still some theme conflicts existing – some basic stuff like the theme background colour being removed from the calendar but also the ability to maintain the sites template look & feel – a lot easier to explain if I could attach or post images etc or give you access.

So where we are at at the moment is we need to replicate not just the theme template but also our own page look and feel with the calendar and calendar listings. It would be great if in settings there could be an option to set “List” or “Grid View” or “Both” for the users (I would prefer to disable grid view) and even better if Events Calendar could go over to a shortcode rather than fixed URL dictated in settings – that would allow your clients to easily have and maintain total look and feel control.

The span class formatting issue in the “grid” view still does remain and I completely appreciate that the comments regarding the possibility of disabling grid view and moving over to short code are “wishlist” rather than support requests so any help would be very gratefully received.

Can PM a login or copy of the theme as per your preference and look forward to hearing from you.

🙂

Barry

If you could email across a zipped copy of the theme you are using and anything else you think might be helpful (like screenshots or a note of theme settings I would need to enable to replicate the issue etc) to [email protected] that would be great.

Barry

Hey Adrian – did you send anything by email? Just wanted to check I hadn’t missed it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Calendar Formatting Issue’ is closed to new replies.