Event auto sync

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Event auto sync

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David

The issues I am now facing:
    When I update an event on Eventbrite, our website does not update. I have to delete and reimport the event.
    When I add new events, it does not automatically add it to the Events calendar. It appears I have to import every single event 1 at a time. Also, if I make a change to the event in Eventbrite, it does not update on our calendar page. I must delete and reimport.
    Also, it doesn’t appear that I can set up recurring events unless I pay extra now for the Pro version.

David
    Barry

Hi David!

Thanks for getting in touch – and for using Eventbrite Tickets.

What you are discussing would essentially amount to a feature request. Eventbrite Tickets does not automatically import events from Eventbrite, so you’re right: at this time, you specifically have to decide that you want to import an event then go do it, one at a time.

Also, if I make a change to the event in Eventbrite, it does not update on our calendar page.

I suspect this is a limitation of the Eventbrite platform and its API. What we would need to make this happen in an efficient manner is for Eventbrite to “call back” to the local website with details of the change, and my understanding is that this is not an option.

It would probably be possible to workaround this though by setting up scheduled checks of all linked events – however that is not within the current scope of the plugin. I could put that forward as a feature request, but I suspect it is something that would need to be implemented as a third party plugin or customization.

David

Thanks. What about recurring events?

Barry

Right now I’m afraid recurring events are unsupported by Eventbrite Tickets, regardless of whether Event Calendar PRO is installed.

My understanding is that the Eventbrite API does not support this either (even though Eventbrite itself does), so I’m afraid it’s not even something we could add.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event auto sync’ is closed to new replies.