Event Aggregrator

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregrator

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Paul Pruneau
    Participant

ECP team,
    I am a long time user of ECP and FBEvents.
    I received notice via email that I need to purchase EVENT AGGREGRATOR.
    We are pulling events from FB into one ECP instance for a client.
    I purchased the EVENT AGGREGRATOR at your site and I’m now confused.

I entered the EA license info into the backend of WP on this site. Data below in this ticket.
    So what gives?
    This plug in just “enables” us to pull event content from FB into ECP?
    Then why do we need FBEvents?
    Sorry to be a spaz but it looks like we added another “layer” between FB and ECB, right?

Please advise.

PP

Barry

Hi Paul 🙂

I am a long time user of ECP and FBEvents.
    I received notice via email that I need to purchase EVENT AGGREGRATOR.

Not quite: for a number of users who had active licenses for plugins such as Facebook Importer we automatically granted licenses for our Event Aggregator service.

Looking at your account I believe this also happened in your case and so you didn’t actually need to make that purchase: my apologies for the confusion on that count — I assume you’ll want a refund for the purchase and of course we’d be more than happy to facilitate that (if you could just confirm, I’ll set that particular wheel in motion).

This plug in just “enables” us to pull event content from FB into ECP?

Yes! Once you’ve connected to Facebook through Event Aggregator, you can import content from Facebook.

It’s important to understand, though, that Event Aggregator is not your traditional plugin. Rather it’s a remote service. The code needed to interact with this service is included within The Events Calendar – so no need for a separate plugin – and you activate it by adding your license key.

Then why do we need FBEvents?

As soon as you’re setup with Event Aggregator, you do not need this plugin any more. It should, essentially, be considered a legacy product.

Does that clarify things?

Paul Pruneau
    Participant

TX Barry for the reply.
    See comments in stream below.

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 4:25 PM, The Events Calendar wrote:
    >
    > Barry wrote:
    >
    > Hi Paul 🙂
    >
    > I am a long time user of ECP and FBEvents.
    > I received notice via email that I need to purchase EVENT AGGREGRATOR.
    >
    > Not quite: for a number of users who had active licenses for plugins such as Facebook Importer we automatically granted licenses for our Event Aggregator service.
    >
    > Looking at your account I believe this also happened in your case and so you didn’t actually need to make that purchase: my apologies for the confusion on that count — I assume you’ll want a refund for the purchase and of course we’d be more than happy to facilitate that (if you could just confirm, I’ll set that particular wheel in motion).

Event Aggregrator is now installed. See attached.
    I would appreciate a refund for the ECPFB plug in purchase renewal.
    Please notify me that my account has been credited via email.

>
    > This plug in just “enables” us to pull event content from FB into ECP?
    >
    > Yes! Once you’ve connected to Facebook through Event Aggregator, you can import content from Facebook.
    >
    > It’s important to understand, though, that Event Aggregator is not your traditional plugin. Rather it’s a remote service. The code needed to interact with this service is included within The Events Calendar – so no need for a separate plugin – and you activate it by adding your license key.

Roger that.
    So I should remove/trash The Events Calendar: Facebook Events, right?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

PP

>
    > Then why do we need FBEvents?
    >
    > As soon as you’re setup with Event Aggregator, you do not need this plugin any more. It should, essentially, be considered a legacy product.
    >
    > Does that clarify things?
    >
    > Post Link: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-aggregrator/#post-1254132
    >
    > ———–
    >
    > You are receiving this email because you subscribed to the
    > forum topic on TheEventsCalendar.com. thread on the website.
    >
    > Please keep the reference number in the subject when replying and
    > make sure the reply is addressed to [email protected]
    >
    > Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

Paul Pruneau
    Teamworks Communications, Inc.
    775 East Blithedale Avenue
    No | 361
    Mill Valley, CA 94941
    Office 415.789.5830

The original content of this email, including any attachments, remain the property of Teamworks Communications, Inc. It should only be viewed by the people it is directly addressed to. Use, reproduction, duplication or distribution of this email and any attachments is prohibited by law without written permission and consent from Teamworks Communications, Inc. If you have received this email in error, please delete it as soon as possible.

Barry

This reply is private.

Paul Pruneau
    Participant

Hi Barry,

TX for the update.
    Unfortunately, I see confusion ahead.
    If I have 2 Event Aggregator licenses with MT, you will send me a marketing automation renewal at the end of the year or on expiration date. Then I will automatically renew both licenses?
    Not good.

I would prefer to have one license that I can log into my documentation and have on auto renew.
    Which one will it be?
    Need MT help with this.
    Server side and billing issue to sort out.

SECOND ISSUE.

We have Event Aggregator installed and configured on this domain:

Home

Looks like the plug in is:
    A: pulling old event data from FB
    B. displaying legacy events in ECP

The issue with these events is there is NO FEATURED IMAGE?
    Look here: http://unionsquarelive.org/events/?action=tribe_photo&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

What gives?
    How do we get those back and displaying to our CSS rules.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

PP

Paul Pruneau
    Participant

Barry,

Confirmed FB app with ID and secret key.
    This is where I’m at. (screen shot attached)

Where are my featured FB images?

PP

Barry

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Paul,

Where are my featured FB images?

With regards to the above issue specifically, it looks as if Event Aggregator imported the images but, for some reason, they either didn’t save or were subsequently deleted.

Do you find that featured images (such as for blog posts) work without this happening? I do see that some existing blog posts have featured images, but they appear to be a number of years old, so what I’m interested to learn is if you can upload and attach new featured images without any problems currently (and outside the context of Facebook imports).

If you could test that out and get back to me, that would be great 🙂

Thanks!

Paul Pruneau
    Participant

Hi Barry.

A few things.
    This is an ECP post/event that has a featured image that was NOT imported from Facebook.
    http://unionsquarelive.org/events/

And I just published a PRIVATE “test” post with a featured image.
    The featured image appears in the post.

Where to from here?

PP

Paul Pruneau
    Teamworks Communications, Inc.
    775 East Blithedale Avenue
    No | 361
    Mill Valley, CA 94941
    Office 415.789.5830

The original content of this email, including any attachments, remain the property of Teamworks Communications, Inc. It should only be viewed by the people it is directly addressed to. Use, reproduction, duplication or distribution of this email and any attachments is prohibited by law without written permission and consent from Teamworks Communications, Inc. If you have received this email in error, please delete it as soon as possible.

Barry

OK, let me dig into this a little more. Can you also confirm which license key you wish to retain?

Barry

I haven’t successfully been able to replicate the same issue (with Facebook images) so far.

Can you tell me how WordPress scheduled events are triggered in the context of your site? If you are unsure then you may need to work with your developer or host to discover this information … but I’m interested to learn, for example, if they are triggered via a crontab entry and under which user if so, as this may boil down to a file permissions issue.

Further bearing this possibility out, if you create a new ‘on demand’ import task for a different Facebook feed that also contains images – and you trigger the import job – are images successfully imported then?

If any of this is unclear, just let me know. Certainly for the first question I asked it may be you need to talk to others involved in the operation of your website to find out how things are set up.

Thanks!

Paul Pruneau
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregrator’ is closed to new replies.