Event Aggregator / Venues

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Aggregator / Venues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David E. Turner

Looking at purchasing Event Calendar pro + the events aggregator mostly for the ability to import Facebook events into a community calendar on our website for area restaurants/breweries etc.

I’m worried about how the imported events handle Open Graph tags for shareability into Facebook. I looked at some output on your demo site and none that I could find have OG tagging done in a way that works well it seems when trying to share the event link on social networks.

Also..need to see if imported events will work properly as far as having the Venues align. So, if I’m importing Facebook events from “Joe’s Diner” …are those events going to show up in a Venue-sorted list? How about event categories? Are those something that will need to be done post-import by editing the imported individual events?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for the email and considering our plugins for your site. In regards to OpenGraph, great question first of all. To answer this, our aggregator is only going to pull in certain meta data from the event like time, time, title, description. You can add a plugin like Yoast to manually add this information, however currently its not part of our plugin.

In regards to category, you can set a default category for the imports, however venue would need to be added manually.

In the future, these features will likely be added, they are just not part of the plugins currently.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator / Venues’ is closed to new replies.