Event aggregator stopped working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event aggregator stopped working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Neil Fleming
    Participant

I understand the problem with facebook feeds. However, I have also been successfully importing from google, ical, and other urls up until recently. The importer now seems to be stuck in a loop and is not importing anything. I have tried stopping it using the importer settings, and also deleting and adding the license key, but it is still stuck. Is the aggregator still a supported product? I notice that other users seem to have similar unresolved issues. How can I reset it?

Hi Neil,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Yes, Event Aggregator is still a support product and all but Facebook imports should be working as expected.

As a first step, can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual?

Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Jaime

Neil Fleming
    Participant

Screenshot attached showing status. Nothing in log file. History and error message screenshot attached also.

Cindy
    Participant

I’m having the same issue with same symptom. Can’t kill the job with wp cron, disabled/reenabled imports, deleted/reinstalled keys, deleted/reinstalled the plugins with no luck.

With debug on I see this repeating…

[29-May-2018 01:15:30 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:30 am
    [29-May-2018 01:15:30 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:30 am
    [29-May-2018 01:15:32 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:32 am
    [29-May-2018 01:15:34 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:34 am
    [29-May-2018 01:15:35 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:35 am
    [29-May-2018 01:15:36 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:36 am
    [29-May-2018 01:15:36 UTC] the-events-calendar/common – Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 29th at 01:05:36 am

Hi Neil,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

Could you please flush your transients using a plugin like Transients Manager or via server, using WP-CLI? You can flush all of your transients (WordPress will repopulate them as necessary), or just the one associated with our plugin: “tribe_aggregator_origins”.

Sometimes this transient caches the response from our server informing that your license is still not present/activated in your site, even though it is.

Also, can you provide me with one of the URLs that you are trying to import?  I would like to verify if this works on my test site.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Neil Fleming
    Participant

Hi Neil,

I see that you have Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus.  Are they activated on your site?  If so, what version do you have?

We are seeing an issue with Event Tickets v4.7.3 and new imports, so I am wondering if that is the issue here.

If so, try rolling back to Event Tickets v4.7.2 and see if your imports run.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Neil Fleming
    Participant

I don’t have Tickets or Tickets Plus installed on this site.

This reply is private.

Hi Neil,

Just wanted to add that in addition to the above recommendations, can you also please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Neil Fleming
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not seeing the problems with the other calendars that you are. They all worked until last week, and I can open them correctly. The ics files all open as valid calendars in Outlook.

I already did all the back to basics stuff before I reported the problem on 28th May. I switched off all other plugins, changed to a default theme, etc. The log file etc should be attached to my original support ticket.

Neil.

Hi Neil,

I’m not seeing your debug log attached to your original message.  You can add the following to your wp-config.php file in order to enable debugging:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Don't display errors on the front end, instead...
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for an issue that caused some imports to hang.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event aggregator stopped working’ is closed to new replies.