Event Aggregator Pulling in Wrong Featured Image

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Pulling in Wrong Featured Image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

I am experiencing tire same problem. In my case, we ran an event import, and the plugin in pulled in a random image from our media library–the last image we uploaded prior to the event import, which did not pertain to the event in question. We changed it manually. .

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-working-2/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Eric!

I’m sorry you are having that issue. 🙁 Let me help you troubleshoot that.

I don’t think you are experiencing the same issue to the one you referenced. The other thread is about scheduled imports not working, while you say you’re having an issue with event images.

Are you also having trouble with scheduled imports?

Where are you importing events from? Could you please share with us the source where the event with the wrong image is coming from?

Let us know about this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Eric
    Participant

We are experiencing two issues with the Event Aggregator.

1) Facebook scheduled imports are not working at all. I see you released a maintenance fix, but many in the forum are commenting that now the Aggregator scheduled imports are not working, so I’m going to wait on that fix.

2) In lieu of the schedule imports, we are manually importing events from the Facebook pages in our scheduled import que. The import will create a new event or update an existing event and the featured image.

But instead of pulling the featured image from the Facebook page, it pulls the latest image uploaded to our media library. We have to go back in and edit each event to change the featured image.

I’m attaching screen shots of an example we encountered just today.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Eric!

Thanks for coming back and explaining that so well.

1) Facebook scheduled imports are not working at all. I see you released a maintenance fix, but many in the forum are commenting that now the Aggregator scheduled imports are not working, so I’m going to wait on that fix.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with all scheduled imports. I’m mostly sure the fix for this will be included in our next Feature release this week.

Your other issue seems a bit strange to me. I tried reproducing this in my local installation but failed to do so.

Could you please share with us the Facebook URL from where you are making those imports? This way we can try to reproduce for ourselves and see what we find in the process.

Thanks,
    Victor

Eric
    Participant

It’s not just limited to one specific Facebook import. ALL imports result in the same issue, whether it’s a RUN IMPORT from our scheduled imports or a single one time import from a new page or event. The featured image always pulls in the last image we uploaded to our media library, be it from an event import, post or page.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Eric!

Thanks for following up on this.

First, I wanted to tell you that the scheduled imports not working issue seems to already be fixed in our latest Feature Release of The Events Calendar 4.5.4, so could you please update to the latest version and let us know if it works for you?

Regarding the Facebook imports, I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Victor

Eric
    Participant

I deactivated all the plugins except the event calendar, and when I manually ran an import, the import ran for two hours and failed to import two events before I killed it.

This plugin has caused us numerous issues and HOURS spent trying to troubleshoot it. What is the solution??

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Eric!

I’m really sorry that is happening to you. I know that can be very frustrating, but rest assured we are here to help and we’ll try to get to the bottom of this.

Did you experienced any slow down when previewing the import? Are you also experiencing any slow down in other admin pages or when you create an event or post? Let us know about this.

How many events do you currently have?

I can see from your system settings you have enabled WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file in your wp-content folder and if any errors present they should show in there. Could you please share with us your debug.log file? This way we can see if there were any errors that may relate to your issues.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Pulling in Wrong Featured Image’ is closed to new replies.