Event Aggregator not syncing certain future events in December.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator not syncing certain future events in December.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aisdwebservices
    Participant

I’m trying to investigate an issue with the aggregator not syncing certain future events from a Google calendar. This calendar has hundreds of events each month (it’s a high school) and most are importing correctly but a handful are not. I’ve added several test events on the Google Calendar mostly in December and they will not sync. They are single events (not recurring). I can put a test event in November and it syncs correctly. I have no events listed in “hide & ignore”. Is there some kind of event limit per month that I should be aware of?

FYI – There are events correctly synced from this calendar on into 2018 already.

Google Cal link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=bowiehighschool.aisd%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FChicago

Site Calendar: http://www.aisd.net/bowie-high-school/events/

Thanks for your time.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Frank!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that issue.

I made a few tests with the Google Calendar you shared and I am able to see the events for December 2017 and January 2018. Could you point me to the specific events you are not able to import?

There is an Import Limit setting that lets you limit the number of events to fetch. You can see this by going to Events > Settings > Imports tab under Global Import Settings.

I don’t think that setting is the problem here, as you mention you are able to import events for January 2018, but not from December 2017. Still it’s a good idea to check it out and make sure you are not applying any date filters for your import.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

aisdwebservices
    Participant

Sorry for the delay.
    No import filters are being used.

I created a test event on Dec. 5th titled Web Services starting at 9AM CST. I also created an identically titled event on Nov. 5th at 9AM CST. The Nov 5th event synced without issue but the Dec. 5th would never sync through the automatic import or a manual import. It appears to be a current phenomenon as we have previously synced events in Dec.

Today I created an event on Jan. 5th with the same title and ran a manual import. The Dec. 5th event has now synced but the Jan. 5th event will not.

We are a large multisite and a couple of our schools are reporting this issue. We haven’t made any structural changes lately but, of course, we are updating core and plugin as necessary.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Frank!

Thanks for coming back with all that information.

I made a few tests with the calendar and I could import all the Web Services events that you mention. Could you please share with us the ical address instead of the embed code you shared? I will double check if it’s the same as the one I’ve got and see if I get the same results.

To obtain the ical address, you should go to Google Calendar and enter the calendar settings. In there you will see the ICAL green button under “Calendar Address”.

I’m thinking this can also be a glitch somehow, so could you please try previewing the import again and see if the Web Services event for January 5th shows up ?

Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

aisdwebservices
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Franck!

Thanks for coming back with the screenshots and the iCal feed.

I made a few tests and I could overcome the problem you are having with the limit.

the whole preview stops 30 days from today even though there are events farther on from that that are not synced.

Could you please try going to Events > Settings > Import tab and under Global Import Settings change the Import Limit Type and Import Date Range Limit so that it fetches more than one month in the future? After that, are you able to get the Jan 5th “Web Services” event?

I am able to fetch an event called “Bowie vs TBA” on Dec 9th, is that the event you are not able to import? Let me know.

Thanks,
    Victor

aisdwebservices
    Participant

Victor,

That did it! It was set to only import one month ahead.

Is that a new default setting? I would not have set that manually and that behavior is a recent phenomenon as we have previously synced without issue into 2018.

Looks like I’ll need to make that change in about 80 sub-blogs. Any shortcuts you can suggest?

Thanks,
    Frank

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Frank!

It’s great to know that solved the problem. Thanks for following up to let us know.

It is indeed a recent setting for the imports. Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to bulk change that setting across your sub-sites. The only shortcut I can think of would be to use the URL for the import settings, which is like the following:

yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?page=tribe-common&tab=imports&post_type=tribe_events

Of course you would have to change yoursite.com to match each of the subsites you want to change.

Since you marked this resolved, I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator not syncing certain future events in December.’ is closed to new replies.