Event Aggregator not pulling in addresses corrrectly from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator not pulling in addresses corrrectly from Google Calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

We recently purchased the Event Aggregator add-on for The Events Calendar. After running an import, I noticed it was incorrectly populating the venue information from Google Calendar. For example, instead of recognizing “Norfolk Wine & Spirits” as the venue name, Event Aggregator is pulling in “Norfolk Wine & Spirits, 206 Dedham St, Norfolk, MA 02056, USA” as the venue name, and only populates the City (Norfolk), Country (United States), and State or Province (Massachusetts) fields under Venue Information. Address and Postal Code are left blank, preventing the “Show Google Maps Link” feature from working properly. Is this normal behavior for Event Aggregator? Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Any updates?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi norfolkwineandspirits,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about this issue with the import.

We are aware of some glitches with the addresses when they are imported from Google calendar.

Could you please share with me 2 thinks:

The url of the feed that you are importing.

A screenshot of the above event / venue in the Google calendar.

Thanks,

Andras

The feed URL is:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/q28jbmrjbbvbjqr25969ne7jf4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Screenshots of one of the events in Google Calendar is attached.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for those screenshots and the URL, it definitely helped.

Digging into this, I’m afraid this is a limitation coming from Google itself.

In your Google calendar you have the address defined as one string. Since addresses are formatted differently for different countries, or even by different people, it is impossible to determine what part is the house number, the street, the district, city, state, zip, country…

If Google calendar would have more depth for the address, then it could be done. Unfortunately we have to wait for that.

Sorry if this is not the answer / resolution you were expecting. I wish we could give you a solution for this, alas, our options are limited here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator not pulling in addresses corrrectly from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.