Event Aggregator Not Importing Properly After Updating

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Not Importing Properly After Updating

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Stiner
    Participant

Events >> Import

Here’s the error message we are receiving:

Fatal error: Call to a member function log() on null in /home/explorecoffey/www/www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log.php on line 173

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that error. Let me help you troubleshoot that.

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if there are any other errors related to the one you are getting.

Try going to Events > Help and under Event Log choose Disabled for logging level. Do you get the errror after that? let us know.

Thanks,
    Victor

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I’ve received the following when I selected ‘Download Log’.

Fatal error: Call to a member function use_log() on null in /home/explorecoffey/www/www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/Admin.php on line 231

See screenshot… it’s on full debug and I tried disabled. Same error message either way.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for following up with this.

We have unfortunately been able to identify a possible bug that would cause this error.

I have created a bug report for this to be addressed in our next maintenance release of our plugins and it’s already assigned to one of our developers.

After disabling the log you mention to also get the fatal error. Is this error the last one you mention?

Do you still experience the fatal error in Events > Import after disabling the log? Please let us know so I can also flag this in the report and see if we can come up with a workaround in the meantime.

I apologise for this inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

If after disabling the log I still receive the error message.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon!

Thanks for confirming that.

Yikes! I’m sorry you still get the error. I have flagged this to the developer assigned to the ticket to see if we can come up with a workaround for this while it’s being addressed.

I will get back to you as soon as I have something.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

We’re still dead in the water.
    Do you have any ETA on fix?
    Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon!

I’ve just checked the report and it seems a fix has already been made by one of our developers and is scheduled to be released in our next maintenance release this week.

My apologies once again for this inconvenience. I will make sure we notify you as soon as it’s released so you can try it out.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

Thank you for the update!

Victor
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Brandon. We’ll keep you posted

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 16 October 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-16-october-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

Awesome!! The update has resolved our issue.
    Thank you again!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Brandon!

Glad to know it worked out for you! Thanks for letting us know about it.

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Not Importing Properly After Updating’ is closed to new replies.